What about being american

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:16 pm

I've seen cops doing that on the mass pike more than once. During rush hour 2 rows of state makred cars drove the speed limit for miles and miles backing up heaps of traffic behind them. I guess they think it teaches people some kinda lesson but to me seems like it could cause more problems when all the road ragers start buggin out.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:12 pm

airsweden wrote:I've seen cops doing that on the mass pike more than once. During rush hour 2 rows of state makred cars drove the speed limit for miles and miles backing up heaps of traffic behind them. I guess they think it teaches people some kinda lesson but to me seems like it could cause more problems when all the road ragers start buggin out.

Sounds like it's a case of "I have a gun and I can do whatever the hell I want, and what are you going to do about it?"

Cops are hypocrites. Honestly, how many times have you seen a cop speeding without his lights on, running a stop sign, tailgating, etc?
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Just this past weekend two different state troopers ran over the same guy who was laying in the middle of route 100 in Dover VT at 2AM. It has yet to be determined whether he was already dead or just unconcious. The story goes that both officers in separate cars, off duty on their way home from thier shifts could not see the man and one after another ran him over. It was a clear night on a straight two lane highway through the middle of town but they claim visibility was too poor to make out the man before they each hit him. I understand that they were going about 80mph at the time in a 40 zone. If it was me, I'd be in jail right now. In the eyes of the law, driving that fast with poor visibility would only be another strike against me. These guys will probably get comendations for cleaning up the streets.

Return to “Random Thoughts”