Peugeot 106 S1 rallye.

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
sonett
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Peugeot 106 S1 rallye.

Postby sonett » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:51 am

Not been on here for a while, i've been a bit busy with one of my other cars, my lovely little Peugeot 106 S1 Rallye, i know you lot on here enjoy hearing about tuning mods, so here's the spec;

Pumaracing flowed head, standard valves.
280 catcam.
4-2-1 camcoated manifold.
Gpn pugsport exhaust.
PTFE inlet manifold gasket.
Custom inlet manifold.
40mm jenvey throttle bodies.
1360cc crank, decked S1 pistons/rods.
11:1 compression.
Remapped standard magneti marelli ECU.

The results from this little lot are amazing, a car that idles at 1000rpm, can be driven around town in heavy traffic, pulls from way under 3000rpm to 8000rpm and gives 145bhp with 113ft/lbs of torque, what more can you ask for in a car that weighs 825kg and can be made even lighter!
I am applying a similar approach to my 99GL and EMS so the results should be quite satisfying.

Here are the boddies/manifold during them being set up...
here is what they are in...

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:12 pm

Too bad we can't get Pugs in the US...
Although I think they're pretty similar to Citroens and the C3 I drove was a POS :barf:
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:18 pm

Peugeot is (was?) know for making great small cars. The 205 is what the original Gulf GTI was terms we 'merican's know. Citroen on the other hand is know for making odd shaped cruisers with switches that don't do anything and put in places you wouldn't think to look. That is what I've heard at least.

sonett

Postby sonett » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:43 am

Citroen and Peugeot have very close links, they share a lot of the same parts, engine/gearboxes/suspension, it's really only the bodies/interior that differ, personally i think the build quality on the earlier cars, 80/90's is better on the Peugeot's.
Throughout both model ranges there is nearly always an alternative, for example my Peugeot 106 is very similar to the Citroen AX.
For what it's worth i think the most stunning production car ever made was the Citroen DS, it's such a timeless, beautifull shape.

The Citroen C2 is becoming quite a popular rally car over here, lots of tuning parts becoming available, sequential gearboxes from around £5000 etc.

Have a look at this link, i am sure you will all like it, it starts of with a few seconds of music, then it changes over to the sound of the engine, the car is a Peugeot 306 Maxi 4WD and Yes it does go around corners that quickly!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1eea ... a6a325.htm

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:30 am

Citroens are/were supposed to be some of the most amazingcomfortable long distance cruisers you could buy, like the horrendously expensive but rare Citroen SM. Supposed to be a superbly comfortable car- when it was running.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

sonett

Postby sonett » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:11 am

max wrote:Citroens are/were supposed to be some of the most amazingcomfortable long distance cruisers you could buy, like the horrendously expensive but rare Citroen SM. Supposed to be a superbly comfortable car- when it was running.

Citroens hydropnuematic suspension system was/is also used under licence by Rolls Royce and Mercedes.

Return to “Random Thoughts”