Shelbys wanted (4 or 5)

Post for sale/wanted items here
SteveTheFolkie
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Shelbys wanted (4 or 5)

Postby SteveTheFolkie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Looking for a set of shelbys for my '87 900 (bull-nose - same lug pattern as a 99) - condition somewhat important (it's not a show car, but she is a euro-spec red 900 - at least I'd like 'em straight) - finish doesn't matter (getting them powder coated) - I can pick up in a reasonable radius of Abbottstown PA (think Gettysburg) - either reply here or to drstevehorn@yahoo.com.
Cheers

Steve

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: Shelbys wanted (4 or 5)

Postby DeLorean » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:32 pm

There is currently a set at the U-pull it yard in Scranton, on an 81 900-T, gold with 1/2 the paint missing. If you plan on refinishing them, no problem. Wheels are cheap there, you'd probably get the set for under $100.

www.junkyarding.com
Less brake more gas!

SteveTheFolkie

Postby SteveTheFolkie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 am

DeLorean wrote:There is currently a set at the U-pull it yard in Scranton, on an 81 900-T, gold with 1/2 the paint missing. If you plan on refinishing them, no problem. Wheels are cheap there, you'd probably get the set for under $100.

http://www.junkyarding.com

Cheers! Looks like I'm taking a little drive up 81 this weekend!!

Steve

DeLorean

Postby DeLorean » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:30 am

Go in the place, hang an immediate right, walk about 1/8 mile and turn left. Go through the mine fed mug bog, walk down the steep hill, then go left. There you'll see it.
Less brake more gas!

DeLorean

Postby DeLorean » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Oh, I should mention, this is the Anthracite U pull it, not the "D's" U pull it, which lists as Scranton, but is really closer to Carbondale. The Anthracite U pull it is in the city proper.
Less brake more gas!

SteveTheFolkie

Postby SteveTheFolkie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 am

DeLorean wrote:Oh, I should mention, this is the Anthracite U pull it, not the "D's" U pull it, which lists as Scranton, but is really closer to Carbondale. The Anthracite U pull it is in the city proper.

Thanks for the clarification - D's has an advert along I80 - haven't gotten there yet (damn "honey do" list) - might get there today, if my work schedule goes as expected -

cheers

Steve

DeLorean

Postby DeLorean » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 pm

I was just there today, they are still there. the right rear is now removed, but it is just sitting there. If you actually want these, you should probably get em very soon... There is no telling when someone is going to take the loose one and use it in a support stack to hold up another car, as that's how they handle cars that need to be lifted at this yard

:dunno:

If you wait till this weekend you might be too late.
Less brake more gas!

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”