T5 crank position wheel adaptor kit

Post for sale/wanted items here
squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

T5 crank position wheel adaptor kit

Postby squaab99t » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:02 am

Some of you might have see this on SaabCentral. I've built a prototype and now we have proven out the install of T5 ECU on a 900c 16v I'm taking orders. We got to the 10 order mark so, we were able to meet the target price of 199.99 usd. plus shipping and paypal fees. Kit will include:
Adaptor wheel
Sensor Bracket
mounting hardware.
You must provide the trigger wheel and sensor.

Video of the prototype in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFup8kM2ank

Please post your questions, or PM if you want in.
Dennis

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: T5 crank position wheel adaptor kit

Postby Geoff » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 am

The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

squaab99t

Postby squaab99t » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Geoff wrote:Found photos:
http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/album1028?page=1

Might be interested

You found my stash...

Let me know soon because we hit the magical 10 number on saabcentral and I will be placing the order. Please note that you don't have to use Saab's T5, but this will work with any standalone ECU that can handle 60-2 trigger wheel, adjustable crank ref angle, and a hall sensor or VR with some rework to the bracket.
Thanks,
Dennis

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 am

I'm thinking about it. I'm also thinking about putting one behind the pulley the way Luke did:
for easier access to the belts. With T5 I think I'd need to reposition the sensor and trigger wheel counterclockwise as compared to their location in the above photo. Would T5 work with one of the generic 60-2 trigger wheels? It would also allow alternator re-location up to where the AC compressor would sit on a 16v (where the alternator sits on a B engine) which would be nice for rally. I'm not sure if the belts would contact your bracket if I were to move the alternator. Any thoughts?

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:53 pm

I bet the trionic could read any 60-2 sensor, in fact I think I saw somewhere someone was using a universal standalone sensor with trionic on a c900. I think on a 900 it would be a clear cut choice to use Dennis's setup (just bolt it on and go, thats sweet!) but on a 99 it might be a bit of a problem with alternator location and stuff because of firewall clearence and motormount issues... I like using the 99 side motor mounts because they are simple and seem to work fine under rally abuse.

Geoff wrote:I'm thinking about it. I'm also thinking about putting one behind the pulley the way Luke did:
for easier access to the belts. With T5 I think I'd need to reposition the sensor and trigger wheel counterclockwise as compared to their location in the above photo. Would T5 work with one of the generic 60-2 trigger wheels? It would also allow alternator re-location up to where the AC compressor would sit on a 16v (where the alternator sits on a B engine) which would be nice for rally. I'm not sure if the belts would contact your bracket if I were to move the alternator. Any thoughts?

squaab99t

Postby squaab99t » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Geoff wrote:I'm thinking about it. I'm also thinking about putting one behind the pulley the way Luke did:

Inside would be better for the belt replacement and some have asked because they want to keep their A/C. I'm thinking you could use a universal 60-2 as long as you clock the wheel to create a 120* crank ref angle relative to the sensor and TDC. (20 slots pass the missing 2.) I don't remember how Luke on the wheel to attach to a pulley. He is correct I wanted to create something that was bolt, on no machining or figuring angle. Not sure about the 99 location of the alternator. Not even sure if the 2 bolts on the oil cover are the same. I guess you would have to mock it up. The 99 firewall will make this really tight. I'm thinking a access hatch from inside the cabin.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:49 pm

If I were to put a 16v in a 99 I'd modify the firewall the way Luke did.

Luke, there aren't any fit problems with putting an alternator on a 16v in a 99 in the stock 16v engine location are there? I've run an alternator in that location on a B motor in a 99 before (so I could run dual-belts).

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:22 pm

There is a problem with it hitting the brake booster iirc, or at least its very close... If you go dual masters its not a problem.

s900t8v
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby s900t8v » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 pm

sorry to resurrect

luke did putting the trigger wheel behind the crank pulley work fine?

I wonder if this worked why more people haven't gone this route?

it looks like a good way of keeping A/C other than flywheel...
84 Trionic 5.5 8v Turbo

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”