Saab Slot Car Bodies

Post for sale/wanted items here
SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Saab Slot Car Bodies

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm

I have been playing with slot cars since I was a little kid. And this is one of my pet projects I have been persuing for a few years. I wanted to make some Saab bodies to put on my HO scale race cars. This is the first attempt at making a low detail vacuum formed body for a C900. I have other models (9000 Sonett and 99) in the works as well as more detailed c900 buck that is in progress. I have them to fit Aurora t-jets, Magna Traction, G-Plus, and Super G-Plus cars. I hope to be able to do them for Tyco, Lifelike too.

Attached are a few pics, Im considering making another batch of the body pictured. You would get 1 raw formed body shell that you trim, paint, and detail. Im working on some decals for the windows, grille and tail panel. But progress is slow on that one. If anyone was interested in getting some of these let me know. Im thinking 10.00 to the door (continental US) would be fair.
Attachments
HOSAABS3.jpg
HOSAABS2.jpg
HOSAABS.jpg
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Luke
Site Admin

Re: Saab Slot Car Bodies

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm

you're a nut, thats awesome

happyandy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby happyandy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:19 am

you say they fit magna-tractions? When you get all your body stles done I'll buy a set! :yay:

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:53 am

So far I have the one shown ready to knock off a few copies. It fits the AFX variations, and the G-Plus super G-Plus chassis as shown. The wheelbases on all the different chassis vary.

I have been working on these for about 6 years and this is all the farther I have gotten with the project. It takes time and many steps to "tool" up to make a different body. Lots of hand carving of details to make it look correct and also pull off of the buck easily.

Heres a few more shots of the raw resin sculptures that Im working on. These will be most likely done as a resin cast body so that I can get more detail. These are intended to go on the narrow Thunderjet cars.
Attachments
5dr plug2.jpg
5dr plug2.jpg (15.14 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
3dr plug2.jpg
3dr plug2.jpg (13.31 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:10 am

nice work!

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”