Ten 99s for sale

Post for sale/wanted items here
Jon1
Number of Saabs currently owned: 30

Re: Ten 99s for sale

Postby Jon1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:30 pm

I pushed the white 71 into the garage on Saturday before loading the black 900 on the trailer:

I loaded the 71 on the trailer Saturday night:

As I said, Sam arrived around noon on Sunday and we remove more stuff from this car.

I brought the white car to the salvage yard today at 1pm

Jon
jon1
with many classic 900 turbos

87 n/a
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby 87 n/a » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 pm

So I have been thinking about a 4spd manual for this beast:

But I am all the way in central Florida. I can't easily get up there to help dig out cars or help tow or store these. But I am open to suggestions on items I might barter to the community.
Jesus H. Tapdancin Christ,...

Sam
Nickname: sambone
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Sam » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Well, the white car had a good run. That and black one are really rough. Looks like Jon gave up on trying to remove the pentagon fuel cap which was locked on the filler neck. I did grab the brown seats as he says. I already have an identical pair, and both sets faded in an almost identical way. Hopefully the 2 sets of cores will be enough for an upholstery shop. My driver side had bucked and was damaged pretty badly, and now i have some spare rods/springs and foam to work with, as well extra plastic adjuster handles and the little plastic fasteners that go around the headrests.

I also grabbed the stainless door sills and the headliner from that car. The headliner material is pretty readily available, and i should be able to rebuild it now that I have the skeleton. I was constantly surprised to find parts that I had never seen before such as those stainless door sills, a variety of rear view mirrors, and some really funky floor mats. I'm going to be tracing out the floor mats from the red car to have replicas made by cocomats. They are unique in that the edge of the carpet folds underneath the door sill, and the front of the mat actually has a hole for the steering column.

The blue 4 door also has the fm antenna that matches mine. I was wondering why my 99 had a screw in the roof by the a pillar, and I realize now that a retaining clip was part of the antenna kit.

I also noticed that the red wagonback had different interior ac vents than both my 74 and my 73. Its pretty ridiculous that saab designed 3 different AC variants within a span of 5 years. The old ones were really terrible and fell apart.

Anyway it was a fun weekend, and worth the trip just to shoot the shit with Jon and look at all of his projects. I think i had forgotten how much i like 900s.
There is no such thing as too low or too stiff.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 am

I am glad you came up and helped out. It is amazing how many small variations there are on those cars. it is almost like they were sourcing parts from local vendors who changed their ideas every couple of months due to the variation. Considering there were 10 cars spanning about 9 years and I don't even think the (3) 1978 5 doors are the same.

I worked for a little while on Monday to remove the asphalt sound deadening from the passenger floor of the beige 71 to get it read for floor repair. I was also picking up some rover parts that need to be inside and paint prepped. given a project illness...getting into too many...need to finish a certain rover this winter. :crazy:
I am the 73%

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby SalemSaab » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm

well at least 99 stock is now increasing in price! :P
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

87 n/a wrote:So I have been thinking about a 4spd manual for this beast:

But I am all the way in central Florida. I can't easily get up there to help dig out cars or help tow or store these. But I am open to suggestions on items I might barter to the community.

I would not bother with a 4 speed....unless you are considering one of the 4 speed rally/race boxes (expect to pay around $6000 for a buy/build). You can change the gearing in a stock 5 speed so that 2,3,4 gears become reasonably close ratio which can work well for rally and possibly track driving.
I am the 73%

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm

So this car
is a funky red, almost primer red. You can sort of see the color here:
Just imagine it clean and polished.

Anyway, the other day my wife was watching The Karate Kid (don't know what inspired her to watch that) when she called to me because there was a 99 in the movie (about 15 minutes in). It looks like the car may be the same funky primer red color (but an earlier model year)
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Paddan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby Paddan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:35 pm

I believe that color was known as Solar Red - almost muddy brown. It was a '75-'76 color. The car must be a '76 based on the color and side moulding, which had the white strip introduced for '76. But the mudflaps are earlier style (pre-'73) and the sideview mirrors are from a '77-'80 car. The car in Karate Kid is a '75 because of the large hubcaps.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 pm

SwedeSport wrote:I could use a windshield seal and some early lower control arm bushing blocks.

Jason, I have got a couple things for you. When are you planning to come up to Fort Edward?

Jon

jon1

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Ooooh! Oooooh! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks!

Not sure when I will be in that general area. But I am sure I can arrange something.

In the meantime,... PM me what I owe you for the stuff and your time, and I can fire some compensation off in your direction.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

firedome
Nickname: firedome

Postby firedome » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Happen to have any '77-80 left front turn signal lenses in good shape - no cracks? I can use one for my '77 notchback 2 dr... if so would you kindly let me know at: firesweep "at" verizon "dot" net?
I'm in Binghamton NY and also Colchester in N VT, we come through Ft Ann all the time on rt 4.
thanks, Roger A.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Roger, it doesn't look good for the lens you need. We had three 78s, one has been cut up and is gone. I don't know if anyone took the lens from that car or if it even had a good lens. Image
The next car does not have a lens.
The car with the yellow hood has a cracked driver side lens. Image
Jon

jon1

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 pm

I pulled 3 lenses from cars and all 3 had damage of one sort or another. All 3 would be better than nothing but might not make it past a vehicle inspection if someone were looking.
I am the 73%

sjones

Postby sjones » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Are there any chromed flag style mirrors?

Sam
Nickname: sambone

Postby Sam » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 pm

I have a pair of the black backed mirrors which are identical to the ones on that black 78. If youre interested let me know.
There is no such thing as too low or too stiff.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”