Ten 99s for sale

Post for sale/wanted items here
Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Ten 99s for sale

Postby Jordan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 am

What happened to the brown ems interior that was in the red
Car? I have a partial red EMS interior in OK condition that came out of my '76. A few tears here and there but not mouse infested.

Next question is what to do with it. I drained the old gas out of it so far. I'm going to bet it won't actually be that hard to get running. Still fluid in all major systems.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 am

you might see if the old D jet will come back to life. if not you could lay the LH system in and run that...depending on what you actually want to do with it.
I am the 73%

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Jordan wrote:What happened to the brown ems interior that was in the red
Car? I have a partial red EMS interior in OK condition that came out of my '76. A few tears here and there but not mouse infested.

Next question is what to do with it. I drained the old gas out of it so far. I'm going to bet it won't actually be that hard to get running. Still fluid in all major systems.

Geoff took those seats I think, theres still some in the red car, but they were pretty funked up.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Attempts to start the car were thwarted by the key wanting to snap off in the ignition. It did turn over a couple of times but no fuel pump action.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Attempts to start the car were thwarted by the key wanting to snap off in the ignition. It did turn over a couple of times but no fuel pump action.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 am

That red 3dr had no rear window when they picked it up and it looked like mice decided to feast on the interior (mold too). The blue 3dr had a 2dr EMS seats stashed in it (well, a rear seat and a passenger front) which I took with me to try to complete an EMS interior I have. The rear seat was OK but sun faded in a few spots and a little crunchy. The front passenger seat looks OK until you realize that the faux leather separated from the cloth at the top (where they all do) and there was about 1/4" of faux leather missing (so stitching it back together would be difficult). When I tipped it upside down a mouse nest came out of the seat and there was a hole eaten in the foam. I have a '76 EMS interior where the driver's seat cloth is all worn out but the rest of the seats are OK. The cloth is a lighter brown on the '76 interior I already had than the cloth on the seats that I brought home (which is the same color as the interior in the red car - also '76?) :dunno:
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Geoff wrote:

That red 3dr had no rear window when they picked it up and it looked like mice decided to feast on the interior (mold too). The blue 3dr had a 2dr EMS seats stashed in it (well, a rear seat and a passenger front) which I took with me to try to complete an EMS interior I have. The rear seat was OK but sun faded in a few spots and a little crunchy. The front passenger seat looks OK until you realize that the faux leather separated from the cloth at the top (where they all do) and there was about 1/4" of faux leather missing (so stitching it back together would be difficult). When I tipped it upside down a mouse nest came out of the seat and there was a hole eaten in the foam. I have a '76 EMS interior where the driver's seat cloth is all worn out but the rest of the seats are OK. The cloth is a lighter brown on the '76 interior I already had than the cloth on the seats that I brought home (which is the same color as the interior in the red car - also '76?) :dunno:

I have the red interior ems/turbo style at my house at the moment. The back seat base is ok and the cover off the backing is removed from the seat base to go on another. One seat is ok but the foam or springs feel pretty well warn. Someone got creative and put the passenger cover on an older 96 headrest style seat so it looks interesting.
I am the 73%

mrazekan
Nickname: gusano
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby mrazekan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 pm

:yay: Good work Fellas! :yay:

There's something about this pic I really like:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:56 am

The brown door panels are actually in not bad shape and I'd love to have a the correct interior for the car, but the chance of finding a non-trashed one is pretty much nil at this point. I have to check what I have and I can swap everything over to red, except for carpets (but that's OK..some contrast would be nice). Pretty sure I need a red back seat lower portion.

I'm leaning towards actually restoring this guy , if/when I actually do something with it.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 am

Jordan wrote:The brown door panels are actually in not bad shape and I'd love to have a the correct interior for the car, but the chance of finding a non-trashed one is pretty much nil at this point. I have to check what I have and I can swap everything over to red, except for carpets (but that's OK..some contrast would be nice). Pretty sure I need a red back seat lower portion.

I'm leaning towards actually restoring this guy , if/when I actually do something with it.

is this the interior you are talking about?

I am the 73%

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 am

Yes! that was the original interior for that car.

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:15 am

I still have the brown interior from the rally car 74 ems, pieces are actually in good shape, but there is some mouse damage to the foam, best bet would be to pull the covers are have them washed, repaired and then put back on the frames.

I saw that the original brown front carpet was in the trunk of the 74, could maybe be pressure washed and then re-dyed and look pretty good.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 am

I'm sure we can get something to work... I don't know if I have the patience for a nut/bolt resto, but a best-i-could find original parts and a paint job (and a fender) would do wonders for the car. The whole interior needs to be torn out (disassembled with care) and hosed down. I wish I could get the motor running, but the stupid key problem makes it that much harder to test out simple things. I'm just not ready to dive into this quite yet.

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 am

Jordan wrote:I'm sure we can get something to work... I don't know if I have the patience for a nut/bolt resto, but a best-i-could find original parts and a paint job (and a fender) would do wonders for the car. The whole interior needs to be torn out (disassembled with care) and hosed down. I wish I could get the motor running, but the stupid key problem makes it that much harder to test out simple things. I'm just not ready to dive into this quite yet.

Did you try a screwdriver for a key yet?

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:25 am

Yes, and a plethora of other SAAB keys. It actually looks like a newish key/lock...which is why it is so soft. I could break the key so it fit into the tumbler AND THEN use a screw driver... but then I really have to change all the locks...

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”