'72 99E 4-door

Post for sale/wanted items here
RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

'72 99E 4-door

Postby RadioFlyer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:19 pm

I found this one at a junk yard right outside Salt Lake this spring. It's still there (I did not buy it, nor would my wife allow me to), I would be happy to put anyone in contact with the place.

The yard is a private yard and the owner keeps meticulous records on each car. This 99 was still running when he got it (and he says it runs still), so he kept it whole and did not allow anyone to pull parts from it. Might be a cool project for someone who is not cut off from buying Saabs for at least the next few years :dunno: .

I did not try to start it up, but the body looks really clean except the drivers side floor boards have a couple holes.
Attachments
998.JPG
991.JPG
995.JPG

RadioFlyer

Re: '72 99E 4-door

Postby RadioFlyer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 pm

More pics... The guy appreciates a good project and he has been saving this one. He could be talked into a good price. He also has 3 low mileage c900s there - two '85s and one '82 turbo. I think I'm the only Saab guy who know about this place because the c900s were all there for years without anyone even touching them. I pulled scores of rare stuff.
Attachments
9993.JPG
9992.JPG
992.JPG

Paddan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby Paddan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Radioflyer - it's a 1971 with the metal bumpers, updated dash new for that year and extra cooling vent grilles above the bumper which were deleted with MY 72 self repairing rubber bumpers though the holes remained. Very cool find.

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks Paddan! It actually looks to be in pretty good shape, especially if the guy is right that it still runs.

V4_guy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby V4_guy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm

What kind of fool would send a car like this to the junkyard? It's a good thing the owner of the yard realizes that it's special and hasn't parted it. Chrome-bumpered 99 4-doors are unicorns, I've never seen one in person and have only seen 1 or 2 pics of them.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:26 am

Nice find.

4 door cars, NA cars, and convertibles always seemed to hold up better than Turbo hatches. The people who tend to drive them tend to be more sedate behind the wheel and generally abuse them less.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 am

I find myself asking the same question a lot when I go to the junkyards. I once found a nearly perfect 1994 Commemorative Edition vert at a yard in California. It was the only c900 they had and they had removed and sold the engine and tranny. Everything else was there. No accidents, no apparent problems, not even any chips in the paint. Makes you wonder where they came from. This yard also has a ton of other good stuff. Like the other c900s he has - they all look awesome - except that they have been sitting there in the sun for a few years. He also has a bunch of old MGs, porsches, mercedes, VWs (a whole line of camper vans) and a couple carmengias, and a bunch of old BMWs - you can see two of the untouched ones sitting next to the 99 in a couple of those pics. Really cool yard.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”