Motorsport Shifters - Group Buy

Post for sale/wanted items here
DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Motorsport Shifters - Group Buy

Postby DrewP » Wed May 22, 2013 11:41 am

Neil, do you have a photo of how close the A-pillar reinforcement tube comes to the steering wheel? I will probably have to add that to my cage eventually, along with a tube along the sills, and it looks like a very tight fit to me just eyeballing it.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

MattWatson
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby MattWatson » Thu May 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Got mine today. Mucho apreciated. Even came expresspost airmail which was odd, but either way AWESOME! These are MUCH beefier in person that they seem, and freaken sweet.

Neil_G
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby Neil_G » Fri May 31, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi Drew

Neil, do you have a photo of how close the A-pillar reinforcement tube comes to the steering wheel? I will probably have to add that to my cage eventually, along with a tube along the sills, and it looks like a very tight fit to me just eyeballing it.

Sorry for the late reply but I had to pull the pedals and steering column out of storage to answer your question.

With the standard 380mm Saab 99 Turbo steering wheel fitted there is 50mm clearance between the bars and the wheel with the steering column in its standard position.

If you move the lower steering column bracket over to the right (left for LHD) you can get up to 80mm clearance between the wheel and the bar.

I am actually fitting the power steering rack and steering column out of a 900 into the 99 (with custom brackets) so the above is academic. With my proposed setup I will have 80mm clearance however the steering wheel will be further into the car and more central in the cabin so it will be a better 80mm clearance if that makes sense.

It was borderline whether the bars were required under current CAMS regulations so the decision was made to be better to be safe than sorry. It is easier to move the steering column now that to have to weld the bars in later.

Pictures to come ...

Neil

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Are there any of these left?
I was out of the loop missed out on the initial run but it would be a nice addition for next season.

John

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”