* SOLD* 1973 95 Wagon - V4 Carolina Blue - SEPA $2000 obo

Post for sale/wanted items here
burnsside42
Nickname: Jeff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

* SOLD* 1973 95 Wagon - V4 Carolina Blue - SEPA $2000 obo

Postby burnsside42 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 pm

SOLD - awaiting pick up by Harvey!

I am putting this out there as I need to thin the projects and finish a few I can finish without body work and welding.

Short and Sweet - I bought this car several years ago in Falls Church VA circa 2008. It is originally from the York, PA area. It has a Carlisle School District Parking permit on the rear bumper and it was sold at some point through Swedish Motors in Marietta PA. I've owned it since June 2008 and loved every bit of it - but it's a bit more of a project still than I have time for these days.

The car is a 1973 Saab 95 Wagon - Carolina Blue
It is a 4 Speed Manual on the column. All gears work smoothly - and the freewheel works correctly as well. There is LIGHT gearbox whine - but I am told from several V4 guys it's extremely light noise - and a fluid change could likely resolve it completely.

Interior is all there - in fair to rough shape - but it's all there and working.
Exterior needs some work - but mostly straight and almost all the trim is there. Some extras go with. Could use a repaint. R/S door and 1/4 seem to have some "mud" in them from earlier in it's life. The car was a driver until the timing gears/balance gear came apart. The floors are rusty - but still fixable. The rockers are solid and the bulkhead is too. The frame rails are also good.

I installed a Pertronix Ignitor in place of the points when I bought it. I also replaced the plugs and wires then. (less than 5,000 miles ago)
The coolant hoses around the water pump beneath the alternator have also been replaced.
The valves were adjusted when I bought it.
Oil has been changed every 2000-3000 miles. about 2-3 times since I've owned it.
I rebuild the blower motor - it works.
I replaced the battery.
I installed Hella H4 headlights. (they work great at night)
Fuel Filter JUST replaced - as were the fuel lines to the pump.
All the door locks and hinges have been freed up and make operational as they should be.
Dash lights all work - replaced all the bulbs and by-passed the faulty dimmer switch.

The car HAS INSTALLED a Jack Ashcroft (MSS) Holly 1 bbl custom carb and intake manifold with manual choke. I believe it's the Holy 190 carb.
I also have which will go with - a 2bbl Manifold with heat riser and Weber 32/36 2bbl carb.

I have a complete MSS sport exhaust for this car as the original style is rotting out and leaks.

R/F fender is a replacement - thus the color match with a rattle can. It is starting to rust.

Clutch was replaced prior to buying it - all new. The clutch master cylinder and slave are also new done when the clutch was.
The Distributor was rebuilt by a professional shop in the VA area.
The gas tank was removed - cleaned and resealed as well in the VA area.

This car was a running and driving car until the timing/balace gears let go in the Fall of 2012. It's been sitting ever since. It does start and run - but not drivable. It needs the engine to be removed to repair this - unless you source out used gears and a new bearing.

Comes with the installed Soccer Ball wheels and a spare. A few extra boxes of parts, spare, and rare items will go with this car. Price IS negotiable - but don't expect to have it given away. Cash IS King.

Any questions just ask - I'm sure I forgot to mention features, extra's and all the story's which go with the car. e-mail is your best bet for reaching me.

burnsside42 AT gmail DOT com

6 Saab's + 1 Moto Guzzi = needs more time & money!

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”