T5 Flywheels

Post for sale/wanted items here
Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: T5 Flywheels

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Luke wrote:
Jordan wrote:It is unfortunate that the mistake was not caught earlier in the dev processes, but I'm doing everything I can to fix the problem with the affected units, I agree it is an unacceptable error. First step is to accurately define the error, which I think I have, but would like to do some more tests to just confirm since I do not want to repeat the process. For people who have an incorrect piece I'll gladly correct error with the software for them, which is perfectly acceptable in most circumstances, or make an exchange for a revised flywheel version when they become available, which should be in the next couple weeks.

Possible it could be corrected with just a new mounting bracket for the sensor and some dremel elongating of the hole in the starter plate?

Yeah, It can be corrected with a dremel, but we sold the dream of a bolt on kit, so I'd like to come through on that. But the existing ones are certainly not garbage. My feeling about the injection timing being off is in line with Geoff's. I don't think there is anything critical happening by spraying the fuel a few miliseconds early.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”