MSS complete turbo back or =

Post for sale/wanted items here
allessence
Nickname: allessence
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

MSS complete turbo back or =

Postby allessence » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi Guys time to get Rosie back on the road.. The exhaust needs a complete redo and well I'm going to move away from the 3" to something more road friendly.. (quieter).
Anybody know where I can get a complete system? Not in the mood for making one.

I called MSS and they don't have any nor want to make any..

Thanks. Jennifer
Okay, so I'm female and like SAAB's go figure. Mind you, I like a good set of strappy sandal's just about as much though they don't take you thru the corners as fast. LOL

Rosie: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showt ... =Jennifers

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: MSS complete turbo back or =

Postby hutch » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Unfortunately the market for c900 exhausts has really dried up in the past few years, but there are a few options.

Skandix makes one, I have the catback version of this one, this may be what you're looking for as its not super loud:
http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/ex ... l/1009764/

Swedish Dynamics used to make them but they have a spotty track record of service, and the one my friend got seemed to be no bigger than a stock exhaust and was a crappy crush bent system with some real ugly bends around the axle. Nice glasspack muffler though so it had a nice burble to it.

Genuinesaab and JZW tuning used to (maybe still do) import JT exhausts, they will be 3" but you can get it with 2 mufflers that may not be too loud, but you will certainly have to wait a little while until they get their next shipment of JT stuff.

Other than that unless I'm missing one I'd suggest keeping an eye out for classifieds on the forums or having a muffler shop make one for you. Good luck!

allessence

Postby allessence » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:02 pm

That is such a shame on these older girls.. seeming to disappear like that.. Thanks for posting up the link and info.

I more than likely will end up making one out of stainless this time around.. Argh.. Where did all the good time go?
Okay, so I'm female and like SAAB's go figure. Mind you, I like a good set of strappy sandal's just about as much though they don't take you thru the corners as fast. LOL

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:40 am

How does the Skandix one sound?
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

hutch

Postby hutch » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 am

I have the cat back like I said so a little different than the two muffler system, I also had it mated to a 3" DP to a 2.5" reducer after that cat so it was probably a little louder than a stock setup but I liked it. Its not a glasspack or anything wild so it probably wouldn't be too loud if you bolted it to a stock car but the combo of 3" to 2.5" I thought sounded very good. My only complaint would be getting the dual tip portion lined up was never 100% but beyond that I would definitely recommend, especially with how few c900 exhausts there are anymore.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 am

would it be all that hard to make your own system? The MSS systems are nice because MSS took the time to make them...but overall they were pretty simple. A couple of generic glass packs with the proper bends to get over the rear axle.
I am the 73%

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:58 am

Not hard to make, but the option to just buy something for about what all the parts cost is pretty attractive.

I'm bummed that Skandix would charge ~€140 for shipping tho, kind of kills the deal.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 am

maybe something we could bring in... someone have the p/n handy?

allessence

Postby allessence » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:29 pm

I made the last one in a 3" configuration that didn't bump on the rear axle but it was made from cheapo tube bought from one of the large online places.. Summit or the other big one..

I have maybe have enough pieces left I could scab this one back together but really get tired of fixing stuff.. Was hoping for a long term fix and the stainless system produced a few years ago would have just been easier.

Fox made a nice SS one. As did a few others.. This would be a better fit since these car's are just getting older and parts will continue to get harder to come by.

allessence

Postby allessence » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Is there a market for a short run production?

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:39 pm

if we could draw up the proper tail pipe shape we could probably have a run of tail pipes bent up on a cnc tubing bender...that would be the hardest piece to get correct.
I am the 73%

hutch

Postby hutch » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:55 pm

Jordan wrote:maybe something we could bring in... someone have the p/n handy?

http://www.saabtuning.cz/pdf/SKANDIX_Ca ... 900_(-1993).pdf

This has a few part numbers, 1009764 is the one I linked to but there are a few other options as well. Not really sure what the most popular options would be that would make it worth eeuro's while though.

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Crazyswede wrote:if we could draw up the proper tail pipe shape we could probably have a run of tail pipes bent up on a cnc tubing bender...that would be the hardest piece to get correct.

I'd be in for two of these.

Everything else is very simple to fabricate yourself. I'd caution anyone thinking of the MSS on a NA car- they get pretty damn loud in short order. I have one on an 8V without a cat, and it is very loud.

allessence

Postby allessence » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:43 pm

2.5" pipe?

The biggest problem I had with the MSS was the clunking if you didn't get he exhaust mounted just right. ON a few occasions I had to locally heat the pipe to bend it a tad to stop the bank..

Do any of you guys know someone who own's a CNC mandrel machine?

I'd be happy to make one for a CATback version but I don't have any regular head pipes (single pipe down to Cat) for a proto type model..

I have a 3" cat and a 3" stainless muffler on Rosie and well they just don't make a quite system for the 900T's at least not after a few weeks of driving.. I'm just saying.. :)

This was the type of kit I started out with before but in aluminized steel.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/815936/10002/-1

Here is a better kit.. This is the type I used last time.. This kit comes with 14' of straight pipe..

http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/SVV10/1 ... Id=2821245

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:15 pm

2.5 should be plenty big for the majority of the exhaust. A 3" down pipe section is nice, but for the muffling section, 2.5 is fine. I bought a bunch of SS tubing to do one for hutch and one for this other 900, but I'd also be happy to see if I could bring in some cheaper sport exhausts for 900s

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”