my enormous pile of saab refuse

Post for sale/wanted items here
spgftw
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

my enormous pile of saab refuse

Postby spgftw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi all-
I'm downsizing as much as I can, so here's the pile of saab stuff that must go. There are very few saab people here in Portland, so figured I'd throw this out there. Obviously, heavy stuff will be difficult to ship, but anything's possible. I will add photos to this thread of anything requested. I've been trying to sell much of this for months with little success so just dropped prices quite a bit.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/4505846504.html

The list for now:

Turbo engine block that JUST had the bores honed, crankshaft repolished, pistons cleaned, new freeze plugs, etc. The whole thing is shiny and begging for fresh paint. It's ready for reassembly. Had $500 of work done on this, and now looks like I won't use it. Yours for $350, my loss is your gain.

Several sets of 900 wheels/tires, old and new bolt pattern. Nothing special but if you need cheap rubber I can make a great deal.

Set of headlights, $80. I have both old and new style.

Turn signals, $10-$25 each, depending on condition.

TWO Complete Manual sunroof assemblies available. FREE

Manual steering rack, in working condition and boots are good. $50

16 valve head, complete $75

8 valve head, complete $50

MULTIPLE spare transmissions and transmission parts. Prices will depend on what you take and condition. Most will require a rebuild. I have both 5 speeds and 4 speeds. Four of them are disassembled, so individual gears/synchros are available.

Spare set of N/A pistons and crankshaft, FREE

Rear louver, a rather rare version in metal, with mounting points. It's not the one that has the SAAB cutouts on the side, it's a slightly alternative one. It weights much less, rattles less, and covers the window better, which are good features. Has a 3rd brake light cutout. Photos if requested. $150

Extra grilles, price depends on type and condition. Cheap though, some free.

Spare SPG panels, $10-$20 each.

Complete 16V NA engine and transmission. Just pulled this lump out of a car headed to the junkyard. 180k miles, engine ran ok, transmission was working but reverse pops out somewhat. Nothing special though so whole package for $150. Water pump, alternator still attached.

Rare Dual vent hood. Includes extra vent cover which is often missing. Needs a repaint. $100

Interior panels, one light tannish grey set (unusual color), some buffalo grey available. Make an offer.

6 inch speaker pods, custom built in fiberglass. These mount to the front doors down low. Probably won't use these again even though they give a huge sound improvement up front. It took 2 entire days to build them. Door pocket does need to be removed or altered with these in place.
$40

Headliner panel in great shape, not cracked or falling apart. Perfect to prep and refinish while your car is still driving around intact. Later style with center light and sunroof. $20

Spare alternators, starters, flywheels, etc etc. If you need something mechanical just inquire. Lots of it is free if you show up in a saab.

Possible trades available if you have something useful.

Red hood that was repainted. Crappy, but straight enough to do the job. FREE

Relays, switches, etc. Brake boosters. Side windows.

Steering wheels! I have several, including some rare ones. Prices will be fair to awesome. Photos coming.

Red Airflow kit, missing one arch. Front bumper has seen repair work, and is a bit shoddy. Rear is good, side panels good, 3 arches good. $150

Thanks,
Paul

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Re: my enormous pile of saab refuse

Postby RadioFlyer » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Interested in the manual rack and an awesome steering wheel! Pming!

tweek's Turbos
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby tweek's Turbos » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:35 pm

If you have one of those steering wheels that has the 4 plastic buttons on each spoke, and maybe some of the buttons are missing off one, I just need one of the buttons.

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:59 pm

I'd like to see the speaker pods if you can free up a photo!

spgftw
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby spgftw » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Geoff has dibs on the speaker pods, if they'll work in his 99. Photos will determine it, but I need to get out to the shop first. Tuesday, photos will be on the way!

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 am

I'll take a second on those pods if Geoff passes.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”