FS: Rota RB's, Shelbys, Wilwoods, and Whale Tail

Post for sale/wanted items here
hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

FS: Rota RB's, Shelbys, Wilwoods, and Whale Tail

Postby hutch » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Edited to reflect what is left

Then finally is a SAS whale tail, I got this years ago and painted it flat black and also added 2 'drainage holes' because water would pool up on it. Some 900's have little drainage tubes up around the edge of the hood by the windshield so I used those. These SAS ones are pretty rough to say the least and I am by no means handy with body work so this looks sort of crude. I ended up spray painting the thing in plasti dip to try to make some of the imperfections. If someone knew what they were doing they could probably strip it back and refinish it to look OK I just haven't had the desire to do so after getting an OEM one. I'm not really sure what to ask for this, they sell for $240 on SAS's website but any buyer would probably have to do some work to get it put on a car, so I'm thinking $100 plus shipping?

Sorry for so many pictures, just wanted to give some idea of the condition of the items. If anyone is interested in better pictures assuming I can find the charger for my nice camera I can get more. Like I said if you are willing to pick them and/or package them together I can be reasonable with giving a discount on them and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I may be adding a few other things like a red leather interior down the road when I pull them out and maybe even selling my 85 Notchback so if anyone is looking to add a whole garage full of Saab stuff just let me know :lol:
Last edited by hutch on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cark

Re: FS: Rota RB's, Shelbys, Wilwoods, and Whale Tail

Postby Cark » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Red leather interior you say??? What kind of shape are the fronts in? Mine are a bit rough and while I like the driven/patina look, I could be interested in replacing them.
03 9-5 Aero Wagon 5 spd M/T
85 900 turbo 5 spd 105k miles - Trionic 5ed in a day

hutch

Postby hutch » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:55 pm

I will have to get some new pictures, these are when they are fresh off of restoring. The drivers seat turned out a brighter color than the rest and has some wear marks from use but they are still in pretty good shape. I'll try to pull them out tomorrow and get some pictures if you are interested.

Cark

Postby Cark » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:58 am

woah those are VERY red! The 2nd picture they look pretty close to original. The other 2 not so much. Did they fade at all over time? Might be a little bright for my taste
03 9-5 Aero Wagon 5 spd M/T
85 900 turbo 5 spd 105k miles - Trionic 5ed in a day

hutch

Postby hutch » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:44 pm

I'd say the first 2 are pretty representative of the actual color(s), the 3rd looks like the flash brightened it up a bit. The passenger seat and rear seats are what I would say is the correct color, red with a bit of purple in it. The drivers seat has more of a lipstick red color, if I remember I had to order another bottle of dye for that seat so they may have switched colors slightly. If I keep them I'd get another bottle of dye and a little blue tint to match it better. I snapped a quick pic of them that may just serve to confuse even more, there is just a crappy light bulb above where they are now. I'll try to get them out in the sun but its raining here at the moment:

I also had a question about the pads and piston sizes on the Wilwoods so I figured I should add it here as well. The pads are the Wilwood BP-10's and the pistons are 1.75" up front and 1" out back.

hutch

Postby hutch » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Pending sale on the Wilwoods.

hutch

Postby hutch » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:19 am

Alright both sets of wheels and the wilwoods are spoken for. If anyone is interested in the whale tail let me know, I found the charger to my camera and can take nicer pictures but won't bother unless anyone wants it, same goes for the red leather interior. Thanks for looking!

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”