F/S jorgen ericsson 4 speed w/ gripper LSD installed

Post for sale/wanted items here
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

F/S jorgen ericsson 4 speed w/ gripper LSD installed

Postby DeLorean » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Yep, good working jorgen ericsson 4 speed w/ gripper LSD installed. This thing cost a boat load of money when it first came into the US - It was purchased by Gary Moore years and years ago, used extensively on track-days. Then the gearset failed (4th gear) - he immediately stopped driving it, so I was able to easily repair it with the gear-set from another 78 99-turbo. It has goodies and updates internally. The chill-cast pinion housing, upgraded selector shaft, larger reinforced steel sleeved inner drivers etc. LSD was installed RIGHT, and is set up properly.

This trans works good, the LSD works good. You could even test drive the car with it installed if you do it sometime soon! #7 primary drives give you even lower revs on the highway than you get with a classic 900 5 speed in 5th. Max speed is over 150 MPH in 4th.

Reason for sale? I use this car for on-road and the PHA hill-climbs. The ratios suck for getting out of a really tight corner fast. on the hill, I am frequently down in 1st gear in corners... with the #7's and the 4 speed it's not good for lower speed tracks. I have been considering installing the correct 4 speed primary drives.... But I don't want to be running 4300 RPM's at 80 and end up with a 115 top speed. At some hills it could be at the limiter in several places in 4th.

Also, this is THE gear box for the eeuroparts gear dog cluster if you really wanted an unbreakable box. It already has all the best of the best internals, and chill-cast case, pinion housing, and ALL the reinforcements (original to a Swedish market 78 99 turbo).

$5500. a 5 speed will be going back in, and if someone wants to give me the $$$ This should get me quaife money, and GT25RS money ;) I know this asking price is not a small chunk of change, but... I want to put this out there just in case. If not, I am going to change the primary drives and "just deal with it" on the road... and bump up the rev limiter.
Less brake more gas!

Saabguy70
Nickname: Intheditch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: F/S jorgen ericsson 4 speed w/ gripper LSD installed

Postby Saabguy70 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:48 am

I also just put #7 in my 4speed box in my 78 99 turbo, I yet put it on the road yet,but soon... So the # 7 really knock down the Rpms that much! So this will be a very nice highway cruiser!! I guessing in stop and go traffic is a bit tricky ,but manageable ?

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:06 am

Lots of clutch below about 5 MPH. Idle will bring it to I think about 8 MPH. it's workable.
Less brake more gas!

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:33 am

Saabguy70 wrote:I also just put #7 in my 4speed box in my 78 99 turbo, I yet put it on the road yet,but soon... So the # 7 really knock down the Rpms that much! So this will be a very nice highway cruiser!! I guessing in stop and go traffic is a bit tricky ,but manageable ?

I put a #6 primary in a 4 speed once and it basicly acted like a 5 speed with no first gear. 75mph @ 3000 tpm ans no first
I am the 73%

Saabguy70
Nickname: Intheditch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby Saabguy70 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 am

What do you mean about not having a first gear?
I now have driven my Saab 99 turbo and its a real dog with the 7's in it, may need to adjust the boost...

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Saabguy70 wrote:What do you mean about not having a first gear?
I now have driven my Saab 99 turbo and its a real dog with the 7's in it, may need to adjust the boost...

I mean that if you put a #6 or higher ratio final drive into a 4 speed it becomes so tall that first gear acts more like second gear...so imagine driving a 5 speed where you have to start out in 2nd gear all the time. Not a big issue in a track car but was a real pain when having to start out on a hill. In 4th gear the engine spun 3000 rpm at 75 mph.
I am the 73%

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”