F/S 01 9-5 Aero Clone

Post for sale/wanted items here
Sam
Nickname: sambone
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

F/S 01 9-5 Aero Clone

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:58 am

I am finally selling my 9-5 as I am not able to keep up with the repairs while living in an urban environment without daily access to a garage, etc. This car has been keeping me from finishing my 73EMS for the past year, and I have moved on to a subaru impreza wagon as a daily driver.

Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29341303@ ... 500724976/

Mileage: 130k
Asking price: 3500
Open to offers

This car is loaded with some really rare upgrades for the 9-5.

- It has the fully height adjustible H&R Coil over kit which I imported from the UK about 5 years ago. As far as I know it is the only which was imported to the USA and the part is NLA through partsforsaabs. At that time it cost $2000 just for the parts. This suspension makes this car best handling 9-5 i've ever been in. The coil-over kit requires 20mm spacers which you can see in the photos as well. It has race certified vorshlag stud conversion in the front. These are some of the strongest lug bolts you can buy. The coils and spacers have been on the car for approximately 40k miles. The suspension still feels awesome and performs as new.

- It has a TD04 turbo upgraded from a GT17 with stock aero parts. All of the oil and coolant lines are stock as you would find on an aero. The turbo is in great shape with no shaft play whatsoever.

- GenuineSaab 2-muffler 3" catless straight-through exhaust. This is a great exhaust thats not too loud but sounds great when the the engine is revved up.

- Mackan stage 1 270HP tune. The tune was done with a deltawave BDM. The car makes a ton of power. There is gobs of power in every gear. The car can run E85 or 93octane, and the SID display shows you fuel content, misfires, etc.

- Lightened flywheel and BRAND NEW Aero clutch assembly. Flywheel was lightened by friend of saabrally Dave Kennedy.

- 2009 9-5 aero transmission swap. This has the upgraded shift linkage design with the longer shift rod only found in 08-09 9-5's. This is the best transmission setup ever produced for the 9-5. The transmission has approximately 30,000 miles on it.

- Klingon wheels running on Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires. Fronts are brand new. Rears at about 70% tread life.

-Set of Gisalved Nordforst snow tires on a set of 10 spoke 16" saab rims

- Urethane GS transmission mount

Negatives:

Small ding in the drivers door. Aside from that the bodywork is excellent.
A/C does not blow cold.
There is no such thing as too low or too stiff.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: F/S 01 9-5 Aero Clone

Postby Crazyswede » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 am

Will show a coworker.
I am the 73%

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:14 pm

"Ac does not blow cold" can mean a lot of things in a 9-5, from simply needing a charge, to needing a heater box replacement due to a failed blend door repair attempt. Do you know why it does not blow cold or was there never any diagnostic? It is tempting if the AC just needs a charge but I'd personally pay $2000 more for a 9-5 that had a working HVAC system to one that needed a heater box, they can be a royal pain in the ass if the blend door fix isn't all that it needs.
Less brake more gas!

Sam

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:47 pm

It has the blend door fix. It still shows an error code but the temperature settings are correct. When the blend door failed i only needed to reace the white arm as no damage was done to the yellow armiture. At the time i fixed it the ac still worked and blew cold. It still blows air at ambient temperature.

Scott
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby Scott » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Out of curiosity, does NY have emissions testing that would fail without the cats?
I wish my car had winter mood technology.

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:15 am

It passes nys emissions which rely on tge obd connection to measure emissions.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 am

I have a blend door arm repair kit for sale to fit this car.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”