WTB: c900 racecar shell...

Post for sale/wanted items here
paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

WTB: c900 racecar shell...

Postby paulh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:06 am

So, I'm nearing the end of my patience with a 99 as a high horsepower racecar platform, other than being slightly lighter, it's all negatives, no power steering, no room in the engine bay. So I need a c900 to build up, i'd prefer a notchback, but i'd take anything but a convertible if it's a non-sunroof shell, and is relatively good body wise. Price dependent on condition, if somebody has something with a reasonable cage already in it, that'd be even better. I know, long shot, but figured I'd post here in case somebody knows of something.

Paul

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: WTB: c900 racecar shell...

Postby DeLorean » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 am

That silver one in the yard with the doggy 2nd gear syncro and the various cosmetic issues would be a pretty obvious choice, as you already have it, and it's already a turbo, and it runs / drives.
Less brake more gas!

paulh

Postby paulh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Yeah, that's an option, but I was thinking something more like what I described.

Paul

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:15 am

I have a friend with an 85 8V 3-door with a full cage (welded autopower), needs gearbox. I pulled him a really minty 89 gearbox years ago and I think he still has that as well. The body was extremely clean last time I saw it, but its been sitting out for a few years, but not driven in salt, etc, so probably still really good. He's in WV, but not the close part of WV... He told me a few months ago he'd like to sell it. I could get you in touch with him if you're interested.

paulh

Postby paulh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:12 am

Luke, yes, that sounds quite interesting, send me his info when you get a chance.

Paul

hutch

Postby hutch » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:00 pm

It sounds like Luke's friend is the exact thing you are looking for, but if not I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of my 85 (n/a 8v :thumbsdown: ) 900 notch and replacing it with a 99. Perhaps we could figure out a switcharoo with your EMS (if you still have it?) or the racecar if you were thinking of getting rid of it. Probably an even longer shot especially with the WV shell but figured I'd throw it out there...

paulh

Postby paulh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 pm

hutch wrote:It sounds like Luke's friend is the exact thing you are looking for, but if not I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of my 85 (n/a 8v :thumbsdown: ) 900 notch and replacing it with a 99. Perhaps we could figure out a switcharoo with your EMS (if you still have it?) or the racecar if you were thinking of getting rid of it. Probably an even longer shot especially with the WV shell but figured I'd throw it out there...

Thats actually a pretty interesting proposition, I'll keep it in mind if the WV one doesn't work out. Either way we might be able to work something out for the 73 EMS, I do still have it, and have been trying to come up with a reason to keep it, but haven't been having much luck lately.

Paul

hutch

Postby hutch » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:15 am

Sounds like the same situation I'm in with the 85, perhaps a change of scenery would be nice for both cars. I'm obviously in no rush and it sounds like you aren't either but let me know if you start thinking seriously about it.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”