TE05 wanted for a T3 replacement

Post for sale/wanted items here
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: TE05 wanted for a T3 replacement

Postby gmreider » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Luke wrote:Yep, that's what the turbo rally car had, about the same or even quicker spool up as a TE-05 but a ridiculous amount more top end than the T3. Normally 12 PSI was more than enough to make the car a handful. One year we accidently had the 16 psi map in the car at STPR, and I think Seth and I broke a couple stage records for G5 before the fun ended.

No wonder the car is scary fast? :-O I was running the 18psi ECU for our initial test runs. We can break both tires loose in 3rd gear when you get into the throttle. I will have to dyno this car before the season starts and tone it done some. And collect some more transmissions. :crazy:
Last edited by gmreider on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Gary, you should come down to the place by our house, Jason Ackerman dynoed his Golf there the other week, so it'd be a pretty good way to compare, think he made like 186whp.

Paul

gmreider

Postby gmreider » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:16 pm

paulh wrote:Gary, you should come down to the place by our house, Jason Ackerman dynoed his Golf there the other week, so it'd be a pretty good way to compare, think he made like 186whp.

Paul

I was thinking we could maybe arrange a dyno day for the SAABs. I have to catch up on some house projects, but we need to see what the car puts out instead of guessing. Maybe Luke has some dyno numbers from his version of the turbo Rally car to compare?

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 am

Norma runs a TE05 on T5 at 1bar. We pretty much leveled the playing field at Lemons, with all but a very cheaty turbo'd MR2 that blew their engine. v8 volvo, 400hp firebird and Aero powered Nissan Z car could not get away, on the straights or in the corners, all of them with a lot more tire. The trans held up a race, but we'll find out how many races it can handle. I still haven't gotten to the dyno, but, i'll probably do that before it gets put away for the winter.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”