FS: 900 Notch in Western Washington State

Post for sale/wanted items here
Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

FS: 900 Notch in Western Washington State

Postby Hans » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Looks like Dan Morley is selling a 2-door notch (along with a second parts car):

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4811721145.html

I am moving soon and letting go of some of my accumulation of Saab cars and parts. This Saab 900 2 door is 1 of only 650 2 doors brought into the US. The 2 door 900s were only sold in the years 1985 and 1986 in the US. No turbo 2 doors were sold in the US and leather seats were not offered. This is a project car and is offered for sale with a 1988 900 turbo 3 door hatch which has gray leather interior. The 2 door has a normally aspirated 16 valve engine and an automatic transmission which is in need of repair or replacement. My plan was to swap the 16 valve turbo engine and 5 speed gearbox and the grey leather from the 1988 donor car into the 2 door. Since the 2 door already has a 16 valve engine the turbo engine can be run with the EZK system controlling detonation, so no hassles with wiring issues. The automatic to 5 speed conversion is also a simple bolt on task, everything you need is on the donor car. I also was going to swap to the 1988 hubs which have better brakes and allow the use of 16" dia Saab 9000 wheels. And if you prefer the look of the later slant front Saab 900s you can swap the lights and grill from the donor car to the flat front of the 2 door. I sought out both of these cars specially for this project. The rare 2 door cars have very nice lines, many feel the 3 door hatchbacks are unattractive do to the large rear end, and the 4 doors are 4 doors and not cool. I should also mention the infamous Saab convertible was built off the 2 door platform. Both cars run, the 2 door can be moved a bit under it's own power. The 3 door turbo was driven home around 35 miles when I bought it to use as a donor car. It has a bad CV joint and if repaired could be used as a daily driver. I have titles for both cars. Sold as a project car with a donor car for parts. $1,250 for both cars.

He didn't ask me to post this, but I figured someone here may be interested.

If you're unfamiliar with the PNW, Gig Harbor is about an hour-ish from Seattle, about 45 minutes from SeaTac airport: https://goo.gl/maps/EsxVr

Saabina
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: FS: 900 Notch in Western Washington State

Postby Saabina » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:28 pm

That would be a fun project! Imagine it with SE/SPG cladding, 16" Super Aeros and a rear spoiler...

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: FS: 900 Notch in Western Washington State

Postby Crazyswede » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Been there done that
I am the 73%

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”