FS/Feeler: 1985 900S Notchback

Post for sale/wanted items here
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: FS/Feeler: 1985 900S Notchback

Postby DeLorean » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Naah, the 3 doors / 4 doors do not fit the notch. C-panel area, and center pillar are very different - trust me I have tried. a notch headliner is it's own thing.
Less brake more gas!

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:53 am

Doesn't make sense that the b pillar is different than the hatch. I will compare the two when I get back to the museum. I know the c is different than the hatch and the b is different than the 4 door. Figured the hatch might be workable. If the notches didnt all come with sunroofs it would be easy to remedy.
I am the 73%

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:35 am

It makes sense since the doors are shorter.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:19 am

Jordan wrote:It makes sense since the doors are shorter.

it makes sense that the B pillars are different on the 4 door shell but the hatch shell is the same as the notch until you get back to the C pillar. you could always modify a hatch headliner shell in the rear to make it work. I have seen some pretty well done custom headliners in non sunroof cars where people glued foam and fleece to the bare metal of the roof....not sure how you would do the sunroof but could probably go a similar route
I am the 73%

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Ok one final bump now that it is springtime, anyone want this car for free if you come pick it up? I feel bad scrapping what is a pretty nice shell but I have zero interest in ever completing it and just want to get it out of sight at this point. I'm going to find a set of 4x108 wheels so I can keep the SPG wheels, but if theres no Interest I'll take the valuable pieces off and donate it to the Car Talk vehicle donation program (with my permission, of course :thumbsup: ) Think of it as a free set of Bilsteins with a car attached to it!

And Jeff if I scrap it you can have the headliner and the pillar pieces...

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby gmreider » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 am

Hutch, I want it !! Look for a PM message. Can haul very soon. Jeff and I can share the pieces.

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:56 am

Headliner shell! Gary, let me know when you want to do it, I can help out.
Less brake more gas!

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 am

Cool glad this can be figured out pretty easily and Gary will now have a fleet of my failed red notchback projects :lol:

As I said to Gary in a PM this morning I gotta swing by my parents house where the car is and see where everything is and grab the title. This saturday could work but next weekend may be more realistic depending on timing/weather, etc..

Maybe you don't know yet but will this be a racecar or a street car? If its a race car and you're not going to use them I may want to keep the SPG panels and Lesjofors springs but we can figure that out down the road. I'll try to find the e-brake stuff, the 8v header if you want it, and the headliner. I can't imagine what else I'd have that you all don't but if I can think of anything else I'll let you know.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”