Saabs for sale

Post for sale/wanted items here
vintagesaabs
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Saabs for sale

Postby vintagesaabs » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:58 pm

I've been notified that I have to vacate my great car storage building.
And I've verified I have ten Saabs to move - I thought there were only nine ?
I'd love to find new homes for several :
'65 95 wagon converted to V4 many years ago, some rust in front floor, rear body and chrome almost perfect.
Might easily be a driver, previous owner started a brake overhaul and never completed. Yellow with a few mismatch
panels - hood and a fender, mismatch later seats, PNW car.
'69 96 Deluxe, OE black, somewhat beat up, some rust in floors, PNW car, when last running it was known to have tired engine and trans, 95% all OE, but everything worked, it's been sitting for 6-7 years.
'78 99 2-door, straight, cream w/ blue trunk lid, little rust, unknown engine/trans condition. PNW car.
'77 99 2-door, one owner car - other than me, cream - mediocre repaint OE color, very straight and rust free PNW car, came to me with tired engine
and failing trans, swapped in 99K miles '77 engine and trans w/ JLawrence header, been sitting for years inside, no fuel pump when I last tried to start it.
I'm outside Portland Oregon, Truck and trailer for 100 - 150 mile delivery.

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Re: Saabs for sale

Postby RadioFlyer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Pictures? Prices?

vintagesaabs

Postby vintagesaabs » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Radio,
Tell me what you are interested in - or looking for ?
The 99's are currently stacked in with barely squeeze thru room between, the 95 and 96
are here at my house and can be photo'd fairly easily, tho I would want to wash them before as they have
been outside.
I will need a tutorial on how to post pics.
Do we have a way to link up thru e-mails ?

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Any rough idea on price for the 77 99?

I'm gonna be out in Seattle in May and have wild dreams of bringing home a west coast 99.

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:46 am

IF you click the "Full editor" below the reply box here , you'll see options to upload images

vintagesaabs

Postby vintagesaabs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:47 pm

I will begin moving cars next week - even though I'm not sure where they are going.
I'm going to try to wash and photograph each one.
Definitely available :
'76 99 2-door with 100K '77 engine and trans and JLawrence header exhaust. Very straight tan-beige
so-so repaint many years ago. Interior old but 100% complete, one owner and cared for. Engine and trans came from a wrecked '77
that was slowly being mildly modified. Repaint was good color match and I think cutting and buffing could make it look pretty good. This was two cars combined before a move years ago and never run. Started and ran but fuel pump non-op now.
'78 99 2-door pretty straight overall, lots of miles and pretty tired. Tan-beige.
'75 99 2-door, '91 2.1 16V on original trans that is failing. Put together in '92 and daily driver for many years.
starts and runs, engine sounds good, wiring mods were never cleaned up and there's a lot of wiring just zip-tied and
hanging. Red w/ red repaint, dent in LR behind wheel, Dark maroon '81 900 seats in good condition.
Maybe :
'78 99T, needed valve work 20 years ago, been sitting inside since, repainted cardinal a long time ago.
Would probably clean up pretty nicely. A few parts pulled.
'86 900S 2-door, Malachite, '88 900T 16V SPG, engine/trans/grey leather/springs/hubs & axles. Paint is very poor, dented LR fender top corner. Mice and moisture got in, I stripped interior and hung everything and dried vacuumed. Turbo was beginning to smoke a bit, but it ran great 10 years ago and was a daily driver in this combo for 5-6 years. Lots of elbow grease and a turbo, brakes, and misc. would yield a driver with bad paint.
Both 99's and 900 I have a significant used parts stash.
'86 900S Red w/ tan cloth 210K, I found this car as one owner, 190K and beautiful. I added Intrax springs, Bilstein HD's, all new ball joints, rear sway bar, C-Shelby black spokes. Engine and trans are great, clutch slips on hard take-offs. It handles and drives wonderfully with added neg. camber and caster. Mice got in briefly and made it stink, but it's been inside and open and dry for several years. It had seat covers till 190K so upholstery is very nice. Both rear quarters have been repainted and clear-coated so there is some mis-match, small dented at LR corner under tail light.
These are all PNWest cars and have almost no rust at all, definitely no structural rot.
Interest in any car ? questions ? I will work up $$ thoughts.
I need to learn how to exchange phone# and/or e-mail without it going 'web'.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”