A core 78-up 4 speed gearbox.

Post for sale/wanted items here
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

A core 78-up 4 speed gearbox.

Postby gmreider » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Anyone out there have a more or less complete core gearbox 4 speed 78- chain drive. I have this sport and rally gear set and now I should start thinking about putting it together. I have a unit from Delorean that he donated for use for our Lemons car, but now the SAAB MAAB team is in disarray and I think I should consider using the gear set for a hill climb car.

I don't want to spend a fortune for a core and only need the main case and the chain drive case and any other usable bits that might be included. most of the internals could be trashed up and I would still be OK.

If you have been tripping over an old 4 speed , let me know! Maybe we could swap for some parts or service?

Consider this request to be for a good cause. You wouldn't want me to slow down too soon would you?

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: A core 78-up 4 speed gearbox.

Postby hutch » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:32 pm

This is a super long shot but if no one else has anything available you could try talking with this guy:
http://www.royalmotorworksltd.com/

He did a lot of the 900 control arm repairs in Lancaster in the 90's (and maybe even did it on your 8v notch? I can't remember) and he has/had a handful of 900 transmissions laying around the shop. I had asked him about them years ago and remember commenting about 4 speeds so he may have some, though its of course just as possible he has since thrown them out. But if you get desperate and he does have some I could swing by and grab it for you as its close by to me.

SeanKHotay
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: A core 78-up 4 speed gearbox.

Postby SeanKHotay » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:22 pm

I've two...one in need of a rebuild but still attached to an engine, the other known good and separate.

Will be able to get to them Easter weekend. Near Albany, NY

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”