Post for sale/wanted items here
Cark
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

FS: TD04-18t-6cm w/ King Cobra + Ported Manifold

Postby Cark » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:18 am

Name: Carl Rominger

Means of contact: carkandballs@gmail.com

Price: asking $650 for SAABrally peeps

Description: Up for sale is my TD04 18t setup that was professionally built by Dave Kennedy. The compressor housing was machined to accommodate the much larger 06+ style "king cobra" inlet pipe. The turbine housing is the larger 6cm housing from 9000 Aero's. The turbine wheel was left unclipped to provide faster spool. Included in the price is the king cobra pipe with the pressed in insert for earlier cars with the banjo bolt on the vent hose. Also included is an exhaust manifold ported to match up nicely with the 6cm turbine housing (oval instead of round). I also have the hard lines if you need them (GT17 upgrade). For the right buyer and/or if it fits in the packaging I would be happy to include the larger style snorkel pipe to the airbox as well. The turbo was pulled from my 03 Aero wagon I scrapped due to rust about 1.5 years ago and I just never got around to installing it in my newer 9-5. My current car runs great and I drive like a grandpa. I just have no need for the larger turbo. My loss is your gain. This turbo was rebuilt by Dave Kennedy shortly before it was removed, it has maybe 5k miles on it since the rebuild. It was rebuilt as a precautionary issue as the car had seen the oil pressure light flicker a few times. The car was running and driving GREAT when this turbo was pulled. The TD04-18t-6cm is IMO the perfect turbo for a daily driven 9-5. It pulls harder than a 15t, and holds the boost MUCH longer. For anyone looking to upgrade their turbo with all drop in bolt-on stuff and not have to customize a bunch of delivery pipes and exhaust DP, this is the setup for you. I'm willing to ship in the US for the full asking price. Well over $1000 invested. Really not sure on the price but I know what I have into it and what it would cost to replicate. Reasonable offers considered (please email or PM me), not looking for any trades (unless you do body work and want to fix my rusty wagon). There are a couple photos of everything as is. Included are photos of when the turbo was originally built and one comparing an original manifold to the ported one.

Pictures: Image
Album link here: https://goo.gl/photos/3Ln7KyoguDrvh7bL7
03 9-5 Aero Wagon 5 spd M/T
85 900 turbo 5 spd 105k miles - Trionic 5ed in a day

Cark
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: FS: TD04-18t-6cm w/ King Cobra + Ported Manifold

Postby Cark » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Turbo is SOLD
03 9-5 Aero Wagon 5 spd M/T
85 900 turbo 5 spd 105k miles - Trionic 5ed in a day

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”