Parts or repair?

Post for sale/wanted items here
billy bee
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Parts or repair?

Postby billy bee » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:12 am

I am thinking about this as a parts car for our '92 S convertible or as a cheap fixer/driver. Looks nice. Clean dash/seats. Needs head gasket repair completed. Owner says head is not warped. You can see some parts on the pass seat and footwell. But looks like a very clean car. I'm gonna go see it next week.

Seem a little high-priced at $1500?

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5544354369.html

Thx,
Bill

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Parts or repair?

Postby hutch » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Almost looks too nice to be destined as a parts car, though of course that depends on how bad the HG damage is. Also agree its a little pricey if it is a parts car, I doubt you'd get $1500 of parts to sell from it and most parts you may need could likely be had for less than that.

You should pick it up and bring it back to life :yay:

billy bee

Postby billy bee » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:45 pm

hutch wrote:Almost looks too nice to be destined as a parts car...You should pick it up and bring it back to life :yay:

The more I think about it, the more I agree with what you are saying here. May not be an CA car originally. Has a 7 plate on it, meaning it has been replated in the past few years. Could be lost CA tags.

Feels like a $750 car to me...and I hate putting something back together after somebody else have torn it down.

bb

billy bee

Postby billy bee » Fri May 13, 2016 12:30 am

This car is now at $600. I am waiting for it to get to $250 and then I'll pounce. I did go look at it. It has a very straight body. No rust. just a few small cracks in the dash. The seats are quite nice but not perfect. Headliner is good. This is a nice car. The mechanical unknowns are a little too much for me to worry about and I don't have room for a non-running car.

bb

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB

Postby SalemSaab » Mon May 16, 2016 8:08 pm

Looks pretty clean .. save color as my 1988 / 1991 hybrid ... 800 miles is a bit of a road-trip but if you part it out post it on here or hit me up =)
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”