SAAB 900T VDO Gauges

Post for sale/wanted items here
SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

SAAB 900T VDO Gauges

Postby SalemSaab » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:05 pm

I was planning on harvesting the factory/dealer installed accessory gauges from my friend's discarded 1981 900 Turbo, but due to the differing console and my car needing stereo installed, thought I'd get a fresh set of VDOs for my 900T

I picked up the Turbo gauge and 3-panel adapter from SAS:

http://www.sasab.com/saab-900-early/

At the time they also sold the Voltmeter, Ammeter, Oil Pressure gauge, and oil temp gauge [w/ related hardware]

Still thought I could salvage the gauges from my friend's 900T, but decided to get all-new ones for ease of install + quality.

However now SAS has sold out of the Voltmeter, and said they didn't expect to get more.

Went to order the Oil Pressure gauge this week and that is now sold out as well, presumably indefinitely

I've tried to source new gauges locally / regionally with no success.
Local car shops don't carry them; wholesalers won't sell individuals or get back to me.

Anyone have any decent / new Voltmeters or Oil Pressure VDO gauges for sale?

This is the Turbo gauge I got:

I think I checked Amazon or something but there are so may damn varities (usually without necessary install pieces) that I gave up looking.

If no one has these gauges or can point me in the right direction, I may just have to sell my Turbo gauge ... want to get that stereo in there ASAP and the 900 could use some more maintenance work to keep it happy.
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: SAAB 900T VDO Gauges

Postby squaab99t » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:00 pm

This should get you pointed in the right direction.
I've had good service with these folks in the past.
http://www.egauges.com/VDO-Vision-Black ... /21006.htm
On the oil pressure I would go electonic as you do not want oil line going into the cabin.

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:39 pm

x2 on egauges.com

If you want something cheap/different I'd sell you these for cheap, they came out of my 86 SPG and were mounted in place of the ashtray. I don't remember exactly how it worked but it was sort of handy if you wanted to keep the stereo and cubby space. I may have the oil pressure sender somewhere but not certain on that. The font is just different enough from the new VDO to annoy me so I have never put them back in my 900s.

Or if you'd just want the little 2 gauge mount you can have that for free :lol:

Nate

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Summit racing has VDO gauges too.

I've used egauges before but working with them on a return that was their issue left me unsatisfied with their service after I spent $250 with them.

Nate

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:41 pm

Btw,

I like the VDO Vision Series gauges a lot better than the regular cockpit series due to the much better lighting.

Are 8 auxiliary gauges too much? I don't think so.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”