WTB, passenger mirror, drivers door panel (brown)

Post for sale/wanted items here
stig-swoosh

Postby stig-swoosh » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:36 am

Luke wrote:

without the SPG panel those would only cover like 2/3 of the lip though

In the UK,they had a full length "sport" spec flare kit especially for the -86 900's...on rare occasions they pop up on uk-fleabay,but usually go for spanking amounts of pound...they are nifty tho,I'll try to find a pic & post it...

stig-swoosh

Postby stig-swoosh » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:02 am

Ah,yes...I forgot,the 900 sport was a special Canadian edition...in the UK they were known as "T8 special"...I've never ever seen a C900 with these in real life...what's really sad is people find these flares in a junkyard & cut them up to use as SPG flares...a tragedy!

I couldn't find the photos I was thinking of,but I did get lucky on a search & found one for sale in Canada for $477 USD!!!!!!It's hard to tell from the photos,but those are full length flares on it...pretty damn cool...

http://cambridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-under-5K-1986-Saab-900-Sport-for-Parts-or-Restore-W0QQAdIdZ16353165

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:53 am

stig-swoosh wrote:In the UK,they had a full length "sport" spec flare kit especially for the -86 900's...on rare occasions they pop up on uk-fleabay,but usually go for spanking amounts of pound...they are nifty tho,I'll try to find a pic & post it...

Like these ones fitted to 99s? (sorry about the size) Note the size difference between the ones on the green car and the ones on the blue car.

I think that car in Canada has black paint around the wheel arches - probably from a rust fix.

stig-swoosh

Postby stig-swoosh » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:36 pm

Wow!... :D Thanx for the pix Geoff!...those flares are pretty mean :twisted: ...I like the ones on the green car...I used to have the factory part # for those wrote down somewhere...I called dealers in Canada trying to find a set to no avail...at one point I was going to try first gen VW rabbit flares...but I gave up on the flare look...but these pix are stirring up my "flare desire"...they look quite factory natural...

regards/ Troy

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:31 am

Let me know if you find a place that can get them!

stig-swoosh

Postby stig-swoosh » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:58 am

Yeah....I may start looking again...I think the 900Sport these came on in Canada were a pretty limited production run,so they're rare...the flares might've been fitted to some 99s also...so I guess it's worth calling up some Canadian scrapyards looking for a 900Sport...also,the car I linked to earlier is dropped price to 400CAD...I think I'll email the seller & offer a pretty good price just for the flares & see if I get a bite...if so, the flare set could be a mold for repro...

...here's an old thread from SC...the picture is gone from the original post,but it was indeed the flares in question....(and no trade happened on my offer of swapping my standard SPG flares for his full length ones,so I guess they got chopped up... :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11783&highlight=flares

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”