Free/Cheap Saab Parts

Post for sale/wanted items here
hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Free/Cheap Saab Parts

Postby hutch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Hey everyone I'm trying to clean out some of my accumulated Saab parts and figured I'd offer them up here before I toss them out. I'm gonna leave this up for a week or two then I'll start bringing the metal stuff to the scrapper and work my way through the rest. Some of the little stuff I'll probably hang onto 'just in case' but some of this I know I'll never need so just wanted to see if it could help someone out.

I'll try to post the free stuff first then create a second one with the cheap stuff so theres no confusion. For the free stuff all I ask is you pay shipping on it if we can't meet up in person, I'll gladly box things together to save on shipping costs. If you'd like more pictures or whatever just let me know.

So lets get this started:
Old style valve cover, powder coated in a sort of ugly maroon color, would probably make a nice base if you wanted to paint over it

HID kit, 8K bulbs I believe, these were in my dumber youth days, they are very obnoxious if you don't aim them properly so I took them out

Non-abs brake master cylinders, look pretty gross so I would use them as cores if you get a rebuilt unit

I have some more stuff I don't have pictures of but can take if theres any interest:

1) 5 9-3 Viggen wheels, they are bent because Viggen wheels get bent if they touch oxygen. I would only use these for a track car as they are really annoying to drive on.

2) 2.1 cylinder head, I think a 2.0 as well, various intake and exhaust manifolds, a 2.1 n/a block, and I think a 2.0 n/a block as well.

3) Exhaust parts; various c900 pieces I think everything except a rear muffler because I had to cut them out.
Last edited by hutch on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hutch

Re: Free/Cheap Saab Parts

Postby hutch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Ok onto the stuff that may be worth something so I'd just like to get something for these, again I would be happy to pack things together and make a deal on multiple items so feel free to make me an offer. This stuff I probably won't throw out anytime soon...

$25 - 9000 Intercooler, came on my 86 SPG, I think I have the pipes to go along with this as well but they were painted an ugly yellow color

$50 - Turboworks FMIC I really have no desire for a high HP 900 where I'd need this; dimensions are as follows: 13" tall, 25" wide from outlet/outlet, 3" thick, and 2.5" outlets.

*edit on 9/3 to reflect sold items*
Last edited by hutch on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hutch

Postby hutch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Forgot one last thing; a set of front and rear anti-roll bars. I don't want to ship these as they would be a pain to box up but would gladly meet somewhere close to deliver.

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby gmreider » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:19 am

Hutch, I'll take the trailer hitch for $25.00 and the 86 SPG master cyl. for $25.00 Does the 2.0 turbo block have any pistons in it?
And those front TS lenses look like 84-86 style. I could use them all for the Notch spares.
Super blue brake fluid is good also.
Thanks Gary R.

hutch

Postby hutch » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Cool, I'll send a PM your way Gary...

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:13 am

Happy to take the Mt-90 next time I see you, I am running that in all my daily drivers

hutch

Postby hutch » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:18 am

Yeah no problem!

I use to run it in my 86 SPG and it felt amazing in the summer but hoo boy was it notchy when the temps dropped...

EvanB
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby EvanB » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:11 am

I could use the coils and megasquirt if they are still available. PM sent.

KPAero
Nickname: Pascal

Postby KPAero » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:08 pm

I'll take the SAS whale tail. Send me a PM so we can figure out shipping etc.

hutch

Postby hutch » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Hey sorry for not updating this as things got claimed, I edited the original posts to reflect what is still available.

Its pretty much just some random garbage from the free stuff and the intercoolers and 99T stripes leftover. Send me some offers on the remaining stuff and I will likely accept it...

Hopefully I've helped some c900s stay on the road and I don't need any of this stuff down the road :lol:

hutch

Postby hutch » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Alright one more bump, I think most of this stuff is off to its new homes, feel free to make me an offer on the intercoolers as I'll certainly accept if it outweighs the time it takes to ship them :thumbsup:

I don't have any pics but I have an '86 900 n/a trans, no clue on the condition, but if you want it and can pick it up, its yours. I'm also going to have a 900 battery relocation 'kit' as I'm going back to stock hopefully this weekend. I'll snap a pic but if anyone wants the battery cables and battery holder let me know.

And I was cleaning out the various manifolds and cylinder heads today, I have a pretty nice 2.1 head that had pretty low miles on it since a rebuild if anyone is interested. I also found an intake that matches the valve cover, the color isn't really my cup of tea but its pretty clean and would probably make a good primer surface if you wanted to repaint

Then some random thing, this was off an intake manifold that came with my '86 notch from Jak Stoll, he made this little bronze fittings to replace the bushings that like to pop out under boost. The plastic one is for the old style AIC (I think?). Don't know the thread size on them but I'm sure it could be found at Home Depot where it looks like they came from. I had always thought of making a nicer set of these out of SS but never have gotten around to it. You can have the manifold too but its painted bright freaking red, let me know if you want them or they're going in the trash...

hutch

Postby hutch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Ok I swear I'll stop spamming this forum with my garbage :lol:

But here are some pics of the battery relocation kit if anyone is interested, I never loved it in a DD but I never had an issue with it so it would be fine for a race car...

The battery box is held in place with a little bracket and strap

The positive cables feed into this little distribution block that is bolted to the inner fender

Two ground cables; one from the tranny to the front crossmember, and one from the battery itself to a bolt near the rear firewall. Three positive cables; one from the starter, one to the 12v distribution block, and one that ran the length of the car to the battery itself.

If you can pick it up in PA I'll throw in the whole rear shelf, if you're interested but can't pick it up I'll just ship everything in the battery box.

happyandy

Postby happyandy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:03 pm

I might be interested in the 9000 IC, especially if you have the pipes.

hutch

Postby hutch » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 am

I have 3/4 of the pipes, I'll snap a pic when I get a chance, I think I'm missing the upper half if the turbo->intercooler pipe but I don't entirely remember how it was set up.

happyandy

Postby happyandy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Sounds good. I could possibly be interested in the battery relocation kit too.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”