Wanted: T5 help

Post for sale/wanted items here
spgftw
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Wanted: T5 help

Postby spgftw » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Did you have to do any welding on the car itself, or were you able to build adapter rails? If I thought it could be done without welding, it would help in terms of putting the interior together somewhat.

Thanks for that offer Jon! :yay: I am trying to sort out holiday plans now to figure out if I'll be here.

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Welding was all on the bench. Bolted to existing points on the chassis.

spgftw

Postby spgftw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:41 am

A year and a half (?!?!?) down the road, I figured I'd drop in an update. After an even longer mothballed slumber, things got critical. Now or never.

The house sold, and we packed up and started relocating to Alaska. I blew up a 9-5 piston in the middle of BC towing my boat. Oops. That one hurt.

I took a final trip back to Portland to rescue my Saab from mothballs, and towed her over to T Scandia in Tigard, OR, who scratched away at it over the winter. T5 conversion was a whole new ball game for them and was more challenging than I think they anticipated...

But Finally, after 5 years off the road, the engine starts and the car drives. :yay: I'm 3000 miles away, but holy shit it runs!

There's a lot to wrap up, and a very annoying transmission oil leak is making me wince. T Scandia is a bit stumped on the finer points of T5 so Daniel has stepped in to assist including a brave trip to DMV in my absence. Limited boost. Go Daniel!

Pics are from a couple days before it finally started. Just need to sort out that boost, and the leaks, and an alignment, and I can ship her north. Or maybe drive around on a PNW tour picking brains on a couple items still to sort. Key point is it could be possible to drive. Feels like a major line to have crossed after I'd nearly given up hope.

whaaaaat
Attachments
TScandia3.jpg
TScandia3b.jpg
TScandia3c.jpg

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Holy smokes you guys are still alive. GLad to see you are still in to it.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Looks great! I love that color, very classy.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

spgftw

Postby spgftw » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks Drew! And yep, we are still alive and still into it when life allows a moment. ;)

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”