FS: various og900 scarce parts

Post for sale/wanted items here
stig-swoosh

FS: various og900 scarce parts

Postby stig-swoosh » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Thought I'd post here first because y'all the coolest.

I've never been a super-serious Saaber in the sense of incredible builds, but I've driven a mid 80's Saab 900t16 and nothin' else since 1991.
I've had 2 1986 and 1 '88 SPG in that time.

I've recently just bought myself an '06 MINI Cooper JCW and I'm in love so far and I think I need to let go of all my accumulated Saab parts & ephemera to fund MINI resto-mod and et cetera so here we go...

...I'd greatly prefer local pickup in northwest Georgia due to some stuff being large and bulky, but willing to ship smaller stuff no probbo.

Not listing prices at this time but not asking for the moon,
just reasonable --- if any interest is expressed here I'll take a few pix because I have the week off, usually I work away from home so I'm never hardly here.

Anyway,
here's a few of the more interesting items:

Jorgen L. shifter (bought many moon ago from Gary Moore, it's really nice)
-86 SPG panels + brackets
Speedparts Sweden T16 headers (used)
Speedparts Sweden air intake (unused, the version that you're supposed to cut a hole in the inner fender and mount near the evap canister)
4 sets of air outlet covers
1 set of Shelby miniltes
4spd trans from 1979 900t that had been rear-ended and found in a junkyard, possibly chillcast? I dunno.
2 1979 900 EMS manual steering racks
-86 euro headlights
a couple sets of those soft Italian grid pattern floormats
...plus more.

I'll gauge interest and start digging stuff out if y'all want, I have the big heavy factory tool spring compressors, the older "alligator" style, and lots of literature including a good pile of 70's rally mags from Sweden, I was the guy who posted up all these mag scans:

http://s189.photobucket.com/user/xerofu ... all&page=1

and all the original pages are available too, would prefer to sell as the whole stacked archive, I did cut them out and all aren't perfect, but really it's a great historical resource and I ain't really asking much, like $40 maybe just because of my time investment with finding all that crap over the years !

Thanks.

Saabina
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: FS: various og900 scarce parts

Postby Saabina » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Interested in the shifter. Please email to hansenatsawdotnet Thanx

ahanson
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby ahanson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:53 pm

I sent a pm about the rubber mats, but I can also be reached at alexdotmdothansonatgmaildotcom.

stig-swoosh

Postby stig-swoosh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:01 am

PM's replied to.

Later today I'll go to the storage unit and snap a few pix of some stuff.

Forgot to mention that I also have a factory Sport&Rally skidplate, well-worn and scruffed up, but original.

Also, one of my favorite old accessories, an underseat wastebasket.

stig-swoosh

Postby stig-swoosh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Okay fellas,
had a chance this afternoon to snap some pix, went a little crazy on the paper ephemera but I was enjoying going through it as it's been a while since I last looked.

Pictures are haphazard with no captions, so any questions about the hard parts, just ask and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Take a gander at the storage house!
It is a ratmess chaos den and I couldn't find everything so just got the easy-to-get-to stuff, it's gonna be a chore to clean it out but it must be done.

This is a difficult thing, me letting go of all this stuff, because I've been deeply devoted and emotionally invested for quite some time, but realistically I just don't have the space and can't keep everything.

I offer it here because I hope some true dudes may find something they need or like and put it to very good use. I think the trend of junkyard parts selling for astronomical figures is pretty crazy but these days is these days and the world ain't what it once was anyways -- gadget gizmo interfacebook instgook & press the "like" button with no further need to articulate anything of thought, ease of convenience auto-programm'd hypermodern shitstorm of popularity contests and ego-stroking out the ying-yang...I'm rambling and I'm only 5 beers deep haha, but seriously, forums like this are a goldmine highlight resource like a library of Alexandria and nowadays all the traffic diverts toward other social media outlets it seems, all across the board forums are dying but all us older dudes still hang on and I think it'll eventually reverse and people will come back to the forum format because all the other else is abbreviated nonsense of nonreply and seemingly no real discussion or discourse...

...blahblah,
my apologies for rumbling such the ramble,
I'm a curmudgeon & et cetera.

A few precursory notes:

Firstly,
I've always wanted a little rip-snorting hot-hatch and I finally went ahead and got one, a 2006 MINI JCW and I'm loving it so far, enough so that I convinced myself to let Saabworld go to the ghostworld, as much as it hurt, just because I need a change and get a bit more modern.

Took me forever (6 months) to find an '06 without a sunroof as seemingly 95% of all R53 MINI's have that damm'd panoramic roof, but I finally did and it's my fave colour too, Pepper White which is sort of an off-white and very close to the classic Austin colour of Old English White...

So that's that.

A note about the Italy made floormats --- they're very nice and grippy, but over the long haul they have the tendency to wear down due to the gummi-rubber nature of their construction, I'd reckon it also may depend on the sort of shoes you wear, but I've included a pic of the driver mat (light blue) I used to run and it developed holes after prolonged use --- perhaps the made in Finland mats are heavier duty and last longer, certainly they are more rare it seems, at least here in the southeast I ain't seen 'em,
maybe that's why they sell for more?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAAB-classic-9 ... 7675.l2557

About the car,
1986 900T
paint is shot and totally trashed, motor runs strong but recently the gearbox had catastrophic failure --- so it would have to be towed or trailered away --- if anyone may be interested it would come with the Abbott Racing stainless exhaust, Speedparts header, factory skidplate, Shelby minilites etc --- it's a good shell and might make a great project for someone --- rust-free except for the one strange place on the drivers A-pillar which I photographed and I still don't understand why it started rusting there???
asking $800

Else it'll be sent to the crusher as I just don't have the space to keep it.

Thanks for your consideration,
and thanks for looking.

Cheers!

stig-swoosh

Postby stig-swoosh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Apologies for my tardiness here, it's been a bit hectic this week just getting the Cooper Sat. and getting it reg'd etc, plus trying to sort out a couple of little things with it --- I haven't had a week off in quite some time and it's been a whirlwind, but I wanted to get this Saab stuff out in the public domain and get the ball rolling...

...leaving tomorrow a.m. for out-of-town work and I'm usually offline when working because I still don't have a smartphone as I still hang on to an old flip-phone LOL recently got a kindle though so I can browse now, yet not proficient with it enough tho to do any communication as I find it awkward, tried to send an email and auto-correct drove me nuts, ended up sounding jibberish, so I need to get it set up for my preferences...

...long-winded, sorry.

Thanks for all the pm's and inquiries --- I will get back to interested parties when I';m back home next weekend.

I appreciate your patience.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”