Feeler - Interest in N/A B202 fresh rebuilt engine and 456-06 5-speed?

Post for sale/wanted items here
DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Feeler - Interest in N/A B202 fresh rebuilt engine and 456-06 5-speed?

Postby DrewP » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey all,

I am talking with a buyer for my yellow 99 that already has a built turbo engine they want to use, and is asking if I'd sell it as a roller by removing my powertrain.

Is anyone interested in the engine or gearbox or both?

They are both freshly rebuilt to factory specs with zero miles. Engine is from an '87 and includes all brand new zero mile factory accessories (HEPU water pump, Bosch alternator, Bosch starter) and currently has an aluminum Fidanza flywheel and 6-puck Clutchnet clutch. The engine was built by Tom Bier probably close to 15 years ago now, but has been stored with assembly lube and oil circulated into the rotating assembly and it spins freely with good compression. All the internals were new factory parts, guides, chain, rings, bearings, he may have put in a new oil pump and front cover as well, as he intended to rally with this engine and never finished the car to go with it.

I don't know who built the gearbox, but it's got an open diff and new bearings and syncros, and I've stored it with Redline MT90 sloshed around in it. 456-06 I believe is also '87 non-turbo 5-speed.

I was thinking ~$1k for both, or something like that? The N/A engine makes it a little less valuable, unless you wanna do a T5 upped compression motor in your C900 so that you can pop gearboxes even faster than you can with 8.5:1...

If you wanna talk price privately feel free to shoot me a P/M.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Feeler - Interest in N/A B202 fresh rebuilt engine and 456-06 5-speed?

Postby DrewP » Tue May 22, 2018 11:33 am

Gone.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”