Saabaru for sale

Post for sale/wanted items here
GRMPer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Saabaru for sale

Postby GRMPer » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:01 pm

Ok, so it's not a 99, but I am selling my Saab 92x linear that we've been writing about in GRM..you can check out www.grassrootsmotorsports.com and go to project car updates to see the scoop.

comes with a skidplate too...there, that makes it saabrally.com-appropriate.

price is 14k.

Per (buying my own tow vehicle instead of borrowing the company vehicle)

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief

Postby matt » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:57 pm

it wouldn't be the first subaru eh I mean Saab posted on this forum. :D
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

GRMPer

Postby GRMPer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:04 am

I'm thinking about trading it in....
Last edited by GRMPer on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaabsBreakDown
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby SaabsBreakDown » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:27 pm

ARe you crazy? Those things sell for a lot. you could take it to a dealer for a very very good price right now, since they know they can sell it for a ton.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:26 pm

I believe GRM's saabaru is slightly modded, so it may not look as attractive to dealers, or people who want a car that hasn't been messed with. No offense, GRM. :-)
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

GRMPer

Postby GRMPer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:45 am

not down here in FL.

SaabsBreakDown

Postby SaabsBreakDown » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:48 am

the guys on the 92x forum share my opinion it seems. too bad no one is buying it yet, haha. i would call a few of the big dealers around if i were you, ya never know. people call the dealer my sister works at all the time looking for these things.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00 am

Why do people like them so much?
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:14 am

But of course the guys on the 92x forums think their car is 'da-bomb'. My friend bought one, but only because it was nicer than the corresponding WRX and cheaper due to GMs tons of discounts. Even the dealership wasn't too impressed with it. It's not very saab-like and the saab marque doesn't seem to be as cool when the Subie kids get together. It didn't sell very well and was discontinued for the same reason. It tried to fill the niche of the AWD saab while GM tries to get their act together...it's not a terrible car or anything, just kind of in no-mans-land.

SaabsBreakDown

Postby SaabsBreakDown » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:45 pm

Jordan wrote:But of course the guys on the 92x forums think their car is 'da-bomb'. My friend bought one, but only because it was nicer than the corresponding WRX and cheaper due to GMs tons of discounts. Even the dealership wasn't too impressed with it. It's not very saab-like and the saab marque doesn't seem to be as cool when the Subie kids get together. It didn't sell very well and was discontinued for the same reason. It tried to fill the niche of the AWD saab while GM tries to get their act together...it's not a terrible car or anything, just kind of in no-mans-land.

Didn't sell very well? Are you kidding me? Do you see lots full of them sitting around?

It got discontinued because the corporate link between GM and fuji dissolved. This car was a pretty strong offering, and especially after they stopped making them the demand has greatly risen.

that being said, if someone gave me one i would sell it. I don't fit in subarus well and they are cheaply made cars. I don't support what saab is doing with the 97x either, i think its ridiculous.

Either way, the demand at this point for the 9-2x is huge. I think 12,000 is a *very* good price from the point of view of a potential buyer.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:00 pm

SaabsBreakDown wrote:Didn't sell very well? Are you kidding me? Do you see lots full of them sitting around?

Yes.

SaabsBreakDown wrote:It got discontinued because the corporate link between GM and fuji dissolved. This car was a pretty strong offering, and especially after they stopped making them the demand has greatly risen.

The dealer my friend bought his car from was telling me they weren't selling well, mostly because they were sub par qualility and luxury from what SAAB buyers were expecting, many of the cars on the lot were slightly used trade-ins because people returned them not liking the jerky shifting and rough riding. If they did sell it was because GM tacked on 10,000 in rebates making them cheaper than the WRX for less boy-racer and climate control.

SaabsBreakDown wrote:Either way, the demand at this point for the 9-2x is huge. I think 12,000 is a *very* good price from the point of view of a potential buyer.

Your telling the guy who has been unable to sell it for at least a month and a half.

/end thread jack...sorry Per/

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:54 pm

Well theres only one way to tell what somethings really worth.... EBAY!

http://motors.listings.ebay.com/Saab_9-2X_W0QQfclZ3QQfromZR11QQsacatZ124129QQsocmdZListingItemList

Hmm, not one single item has a bid

SaabsBreakDown

Postby SaabsBreakDown » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:16 pm

I am defeated. :)

GRMPer

Postby GRMPer » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 am

I've got some nibbles, including the possibility of a partial trade of a 74 Sunset Orange EMS unmolested barn find. I shit you negative.

That said, I only paid $16,800 for the car brand new. There was a $5000 rebate from Saab + GM employee discount pricing during the summer of 2005.

Per

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:33 am

GRMPer wrote:I've got some nibbles, including the possibility of a partial trade of a 74 Sunset Orange EMS unmolested barn find.

Oh now I've just gone and drooled all over my "business casual attire"! Would the potential buyer be interested in some partial money? :D
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”