Shelby rims

Post for sale/wanted items here
cscmc1
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Shelby rims

Postby cscmc1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:03 am

I've got a set of four Shelby rims with center caps that I was going to use on my Triumph TR6, but spacing issues have me looking to go another route (I'd need too large a spacer, requiring, spacers, new studs and who knows what other mods). They're freshly bead blasted and are now in primer, waiting for someone to pick a color to paint them. They're all straight and round, but there are numerous small dings around the lips (front and back), but no nasty curbage. In other words, they look great from 4' or so.

Is $275 obo out of line? I'd prefer pickup in central IL so the buyer can see what he/she's getting, but I can ship for actual costs as well.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I should be able to get some pics taken this week.

Chris

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Modern technology on par with indoor plumbing and electrical lighting has allowed us to capture lifelike images through the use of a device called a digital Camera. Perhaps in absence of someone being able to come pick them up you could take some pictures and post them here. We can walk you through the process.

:D
I am the 73%

cscmc1

Postby cscmc1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Crazyswede wrote:Modern technology on par with indoor plumbing and electrical lighting has allowed us to capture lifelike images through the use of a device called a digital Camera. Perhaps in absence of someone being able to come pick them up you could take some pictures and post them here. We can walk you through the process.

Note my last sentence in my original post -- I'm working on the pics! :wink:

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Crazyswede wrote:Modern technology on par with indoor plumbing and electrical lighting has allowed us to capture lifelike images through the use of a device called a digital Camera. Perhaps in absence of someone being able to come pick them up you could take some pictures and post them here. We can walk you through the process.

WATCH OUT , THEY WILL STEAL YOUR SOUL!

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief

Postby matt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:06 pm

I'm in the box, I'm in the box, get me out get me OUT!!!
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

cscmc1

Postby cscmc1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Here's a pic of the four rims (taken today). I do have center caps; they're just not in the pic. Note the center bore in the upper right rim is a bit dinged up around the edge, as if it was beaten into place at some point. No really an issue once the center cap is in place, but noteworthy nevertheless.

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief

Postby matt » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:48 pm

mmmmm ready for paint
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

SteveTheFolkie

Shipping

Postby SteveTheFolkie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Any idea what it would cost to ship 'em to PA?? Failing that - do you have an approximate weight for one wheel? Given that I can figure out the costs - thanks - Steve

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Not that I am the one with the rims, but the last time I sold some wheels on ebay and shipped them from Vermont to I dont remember where, it was about $20 a box through UPS. About 17 lbs per wheel in a box that was 16 x 16 x 12 inches (15x5.5 inch rims).
I am the 73%

cscmc1

Postby cscmc1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks, Crazyswede -- 17 pounds sounds about right. I actually have a shipping scale, but loaned it to a friend who's moving and wants to ship some of his belongings ahead; I should be able to have a more exact figure this week if anyone's seriously interested. I would think that these would ship in separate boxes, but with two securely taped together to ship as two pairs; that would certainly be cheaper than sending 4 separate boxes.

I should mention that I have someone interested locally as well. And I should also mention that the attached pic is a bit deceiving; while the rims are pretty nice, the primer makes them look nearly perfect, which they're certainly not. If needed, I can take a few more pics to illustrate the issues I see with the rims, and send them along to interested parties.

Thanks!

Chris

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:48 pm

yeah 17lbs packed sounds about right, i weighed my shelbys without tires, and i think they were somewhere in the 15-16lb range, add in the box, should be 17 easy. wheels look good, all the cool kids have shelbys!

:lol: 8)

Paul

SteveTheFolkie

Postby SteveTheFolkie » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:57 am

Thanks for the info - I'm going to pass - I think I've located another one locally (that'll make 3) - best of luck selling them locally.

saab_o_naut

Re: Shelby rims

Postby saab_o_naut » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:03 pm

cscmc1 wrote:I've got a set of four Shelby rims with center caps that I was going to use on my Triumph TR6, but spacing issues have me looking to go another route (I'd need too large a spacer, requiring, spacers, new studs and who knows what other mods). They're freshly bead blasted and are now in primer, waiting for someone to pick a color to paint them. They're all straight and round, but there are numerous small dings around the lips (front and back), but no nasty curbage. In other words, they look great from 4' or so.

Is $275 obo out of line? I'd prefer pickup in central IL so the buyer can see what he/she's getting, but I can ship for actual costs as well.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I should be able to get some pics taken this week.

Chris

For a rallying car, I'd go with a bright yellow, orange or blue depending what matches best with the rest of the car. Yellow is one of the colours Saab actually sold the minilite-style wheels in going on the Sport and Rally catalog page that I have a scan of here.

I own a set of black with machined lip Shelby wheels that are just gorgeous and I'm thinking of putting them on my 81 turbo 900 in place of the TRX's for a while to see how they change the handling of the car and also for the looks. The car is a mid-dark solid blue 4-door sedan so black wheels with plain outsides might look really good.

Craig.
Craig's Saab C900 Page at | Craig's Classic Saab Workshop - Sydney .au
http://lios.apana.org.au/~c900 | http://www.classicsaab.net and other URL's
Email: c900@lios.apana.org.au | For Saab 99/C900/9000 Enthusiasts World-Wide!

cscmc1

Postby cscmc1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:51 pm

Bump... still got these. $225 obo?

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”