WTB: OE block heater for B2xx motor

Post for sale/wanted items here
Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

WTB: OE block heater for B2xx motor

Postby Hans » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:42 pm

In preparation for the AlCan 5000, in case our sponsored car falls through (looking like it :evil:) and we go in the 85T, I'm looking for an OE block heater.

Alternatively, if someone can tell me the freeze plug diameter for these engines, maybe we can use aftermarket.

Or, can a heater for a B2x4 block fit? These seem to be available still (B2xx are NLA).

Thx...

allessence
Nickname: allessence
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby allessence » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:48 pm

I used one of those external units in the 66 monte for years. It worked great. tapped into the lower rad hose and then into the heater hose.

Can't remember the name, but they are still in business.
Okay, so I'm female and like SAAB's go figure. Mind you, I like a good set of strappy sandal's just about as much though they don't take you thru the corners as fast. LOL

Rosie: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showt ... =Jennifers

Hans

Postby Hans » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:20 am

Thanks for the suggestion -- we may go that route. I found a couple other aftermarket freeze-plug types; apparently, they are the most common in cold Canadian cities. But the circulating type supposedly allows you to have a clear windshield almost from the get-go, so we'll see...

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:08 pm

Good luck on the AlCan! Seth and I are always talking about doing that in a 900T... Bring back stories!
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Hans

Postby Hans » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:49 pm

Thanks, Geoff!

We had been in talks with an un-named manufacturerer to get a new car, but they fell through. So we're going in the 85T unless a miracle happens. (In other words, we're going in the 85.) Two other crews I am involved with will compete in a WRX and 325ix.

This weekend I'll be heading up to B.C. with driver Dan Comden for the Totem TSD. We're hoping for some snow. Still learning the TimeWise computer's myriad features...

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:11 pm

We actually talked about running the Alcan in my '85 SPG. Be good to the wiring harness!

I envy you! Not only would we have to make sure the car would run the whole event, we'd also need to get the car out there and back! Thats probably been one of the biggest things that has slowed us down from doing it. If they ran something like that from the VT/Canada or NH/Canada border I think we would have BTDT by now! Instead we've got the one-night, three-rally Buffum New England Winter "brisk" TSD event that we've been doing 8)

Hans

Postby Hans » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 pm

Ah, yes, the wiring harness. Most of it has been replaced, so we'll be all right...I hope. :) The car has been reliable (knock on wood).

Luckily, the AlCan start is about 20 minutes from where I live. Driving in from the East Coast would make it the AlCan 11,000. :shock:

www.teamd.org will have an active blog -- lots of geeks with cameras and laptops for daily updates...

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:42 am

Seth, we should get that old rally car of yours together and ship it out to Hans' place and run the Alcan! :wink:

Hans, say hi to Gary Webb for us. He used to put on some insane winter TSD rallies on the Maine/Canada border using some of the Maine Forest Pro Rally stages... at night. Then he had this other idea for plowing long stages out on the lakes and running them as a 'brisk' TSD!

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:51 am

We considered running the Alcan this year but then I realized it would require every single vacation day I have for next year....not something I wanted to burn off in the beginning of the year.....makes for a long year. Plus next year I intend to compete in the Rally moto series so i need all the vacation I can get.
I am the 73%

Hans

Postby Hans » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:48 pm

Geoff -- I'll tell Gary you say hello. I should be seeing him this weekend.

Crazyswede -- Yeah, it's a LOT of time. I am really lucky to have a job that I can take time off from without too much hassle. Financially, it won't be ideal, but, then again, how many times will I get the chance to drive to the Beaufort Sea in February? :) BTW, a buddy of mine is doing the Baja 1000, solo, on a Husaberg. I can't find scores right now; hopefully, he's still in it!!

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”