Greetings I just purchased a 75 EMS

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
bam2002
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Greetings I just purchased a 75 EMS

Postby bam2002 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Hello group.

Sorry this is so long.

I had posted on one of Lukes threads and figured rather than ask my questions and go off topic I would post here instead.

This week I took delivery of a 1975 99 EMS. The car was on the west coast for 20 years then went to Ohio where it was only driven about 500 miles in 10 years. I have ALL the repair history from 1980 onwards. The car is very solid, so far i have only been able to find 2 approx 1 inch rust holes on the car. One in the drivers fender and one in the rear passenger fender. I was informed that the 900 sheet metal is fairly close and I could use it for patching. Since the holes are where the curve on the wheel well lip. There are plenty of rust free 900s in the local U pull it down here in Florida. I plan to go out this weekend and get some fenders.

I have just ordered the Hanes shop manual off Amazon, used. I am wondering if any one has shop manuals. I also own a few older BMWs and club members have scanned in and made the manauls avaialble in PDF format. Has this been done with the Saab manuals?

I have a list of parts I am looking for, I see that many of the rally cars are gutted of the interiors. So here is what I need:

Drivers seat skins, the 2 tone brown
Rear seat bottom. Same color
Blinker lens passenger side

Things I would like to have,
Windshield
black dash
tail light lenses
stock seatbelts

I also have a few other old cars. Actually 2 of them have rally history. Not t my cars but the Marquee.

1972 Citroen DS21
1977 Classic Mini RHD
1969 BMW 1600 convertable Baur
1981 BMW Alpina E21 323
1985 BMW Baur E30 323 Euro
1996 BMW 318Ti with a 2.8L engine swap.

So as you can see I have a bad habbit. I actually owned a 99GL back in 1983 while I was in college. So I figured it be nice to add one to the collection.

Thanks for the help on the other post.

Barry

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: Greetings I just purchased a 75 EMS

Postby max » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:56 pm

Your previous car collection = :thumbsup: I'd kill for a classic mini.

Welcome.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

bam2002

Postby bam2002 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:48 am

Actually that is my current car collection minus the track cars. Dually tow vehicle and some daily drivers.

The Mini is my Fiance's. It now has the Honda Vtec in it. So no more 55 hp.. now it has 150 hp..

Here is a photo its the white one.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:36 am

That Mini has got to be nuts!

See my reply to your other post (site is being slow so I don't want to go transfer it). You can get a dash cover from SAS (http://www.sasab.com). The factory manual is really good and doesn't mislead you on things like the Haynes can. They show up on Ebay pretty often. There is one right now, auction # 110115728270

Bring a battery operated sawzall for those fenders...
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

bam2002

Postby bam2002 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Yea the Mini had wicked tourque steer. Its very quick, she has suprised quite a few Mustang GTs.

She has had it out autocrossing a few times but it tends to lock up the brakes. It has a Big brake kit on the front.. Yep. behind the upgraded rims.. Ther the big ones 13 inch rims vs 10 stock..
Back to Brakes.. so she has flatspotted the tires.

She just had a a Honda tuner come out and bypass the top end limited and up the revlimiter.

I think she has had up to 130 on one of the Runways we auto x on..
Last edited by bam2002 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:12 pm

OHHH. I need that car!
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:56 am

No, I need that car. :P I could park it sideways behind my current mini in my garage, and probably still have room left over for a lawnmower.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Saru

Postby Saru » Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 am

Your EMS seems to be in about the same condition as mine. But your paint is better, and I suspect yours is running today. :dunno:

I think I saw your thread on GRM about this car just after I'd picked up mine. I'd like to blame Per and the GRM car for getting me into early Saabs, but that's not completely true as I'm into most everything anyway and the GRM car just made early Saabs seem even more awesome.

It's nice to see people all over the world getting into early Saabs. Seems like they need some love now that the company might not exist for much longer.

Return to “Introductions”