Nice to meet you...

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
Vertbuisson
Nickname: Emzy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Nice to meet you...

Postby Vertbuisson » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:44 am

Hi to all,

I'm afraid I just introduced myself in the wrong section... So here I go again, with my apologies.

My name is Sylvain. I'm belgian. I live in the Ardennes, about 10 km from Spa (25 from the Spa Francorchamp F1 track). For those who know about the battle of the bulge, Vert Buisson is on the north hills above La Gleize, where Peiper was stopped by the 82nd Airborne, the day before Christmas 44.

I'm 45. I owned a 900S back in the 90's. Was a tremendous car to drive... Had a few Series Land Rovers and two Defenders since. They too were fascinating, in a very different way. I actually organized a Land Rover event back here (le Goodwill) that went on for eight years.

These days, I'm thinking about preparing a 99ems for a local (but really fantastic) historic rally, the Legend Boucles de Spa http://www.race-rally.be/2009/bsl2009/gallery.aspx

You lot look like you're pretty serious about preparation, so I hope I won't dissapoint you...

Thank you for having me here.

Luke
Site Admin

Re: Nice to meet you...

Postby Luke » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Hello Sylvain,
You can post wherever you want to on this forum, were a pretty easy going crowd that just happy to meet others that share the love for vintage saabs and rallying. The Boucles de Spa is quite well known among SAAB fans... as in 1976 it was one of the 99's first major rally victories... So its quite fitting to build a historic 99 for the event!

Unfortunatly there is no current source for a proper competition gear box for the 99/900. I think eventually it is bound to happen but a lot of us have been waiting for a long time. The later 900 gearboxes are really pretty stout when mated to a normally aspirated engine and even though the ratios are not ideal you can still have a lot of fun.

Return to “Introductions”