new to the site

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
321go
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

new to the site

Postby 321go » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:39 am

Hello, my name is Curt and me and a buddy just bought a rally Saab. Those that have been around rally awhile should know the car. It is Richard Miller's '85 900T. It's been parked for a couple years since he moved on to a Mustang rally car, but is in pretty good mechanical shape. It only needs a bit of clean up and some seats/belts and should be good to go. Planning to run it at Rally Paris at the end of this month.
Here's a pic I snapped of it back in '02, but looks the same.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: new to the site

Postby Geoff » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Cool, welcome!
Even though Richard switched over to what some of us would consider an odd choice for a rally car, he must miss the 900 because he reads this forum form time to time.

Its good to hear another SAAB will be back out on the stages.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

321go
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby 321go » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 am

I never did get back to this site to post updates about the car. We had some fuel line problems from old rotten fuel lines that we thought were fixed before Rally Paris. It ran like a top the Monday before the rally, then by the time we drove it to tech, it started acting up again. We started both rallies of the day, but found it too painful to try in finish in a car that was less than 50%. It would rev to about 3k, then fall flat. We tried many, many fixes in the field, but none worked.
I haven't really looked at it since, but am thinking the main fuel pump is bad. We had replaced the feeder pump and filter before the rally and some lines.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Are you sure the power problem is fuel? Anytime I've ever had an issue with a 900T & power falling off it was due to the sensitive ignition system.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby matt » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:51 am

My 88 900T would completely stall and not restart once it got to a certain temperature under the hood. The only solution was to pop the hood and let it cool down. Then it would start and run fine. It never did it when I was on the move, but if I was in stop and go traffic or making a bunch of stops for errands it would act up. IIRC it was the Ignition Control Module on the left wheel well, but of course an 85 and an 88 aren't gonna be the same anyway.
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

Return to “Introductions”