Hello

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
Edward
Number of Saabs currently owned: 20

Hello

Postby Edward » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi all. I have been an occasional lurker for a couple of years, but thought I would finally join. I'm down near San Antonio Texas, and there are very few classic Saabs or Saab fans for that matter in my area. I drive a junk yard rescued 91 Beryl Green SPG as a daily driver, and currently have many project and parts 900s, Sonetts, 99s, and 1 9000 Aero.

I have been a Saab nut since the mid eighties when I was a little kid.lol! In 1985, my father was looking for a cheap second car. He was initially looking at a Volvo 144 on a small lot in El Paso, but he said he liked the way Saabs looked. It was then that I ran over to a little mustard yellow 73 99E a few rows away and he instantly wanted it. How I knew what a Saab was, neither me nor my father will ever know as I was only 4 at the time. He later told me he only knew of hatchback Saabs, and had never personally seen a 99 notch until then.

That little yellow 99 is long gone, but I caught the Saab bug on that day in 1985 and do not think it will ever leave me.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: Hello

Postby Crazyswede » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:35 pm

you have passed the entrance exam and demonstrated that you are one of us...welcome :thumbsup:
I am the 73%

Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Hans » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Crazyswede wrote:you have passed the entrance exam and demonstrated that you are one of us...welcome :thumbsup:

I think a blank message, combined with this:

Edward wrote:Number of Saabs currently owned: 14

would've been enough. :lol:

GOLFGURU
Nickname: GURU
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby GOLFGURU » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello Ed and welcome..I think my 73 99 is just like that first 99 you saw when you was a kid.I have some pics posted if you wanna rekindal alittle...99 's RULE!..jOE :crazy:

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Edward,
My first SAAB was also a 73 99!
Welcome aboard!

john

Edward
Number of Saabs currently owned: 20

Postby Edward » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:45 am

Woohoo!!! I passed :yay:

Yeah, my wife thinks I'm a little nuts. At least the cars are stashed in 4 different locations, and she doesn't have to look at more than 3 in a single day :lol:

My favorite years are the B motored D jet cars. 73 99s are a little more special to me and would love to find another yellow one, or Copper Coral EMS. My dads 73 vanished back in 94 along with the shady body man who painted it the wrong color :-( It was a little unique as it was an 73 E, which seems to be missing from all the literature for that year. It had tweed seats, AC, and the cool early round hole steel wheels. Joe, your car did bring back a lot of childhood memories.

Glad to be part of a community with so much appreciation for 99s. :thumbsup:

GOLFGURU
Nickname: GURU
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby GOLFGURU » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:06 pm

:thumbsup: Wow...Coolbeans...I hear you on the djet setup..I'll let you know if I see another.. :lol: My gal thinks I'm coo coo too bro.. :lol: joe

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:44 am

Now what would really be funny, is if we ran across a Saab nut who was playing bigamy with multiple wives in multiple locations, so he had an excuse to stash multiple hives of Saabs. :lol: :lol:
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:50 am

I dont know if I love SAABS enough to put up with all those nagging women. Most women will bitch about any old SAABS, much less three or four wives on my case about SAABS everywhere.

Did anyone see the series BIG LOVE? Kinda ruins the fantasy about all those wives.

Besides, keep your wife happy,..... Hide all your old SAABS at your girlfriends house.

OH Yeah, welcome to the gang Edward.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Return to “Introductions”