Just saying hey

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Just saying hey

Postby KPAero » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Ive been reading stuff on the site for several years, and have posted a few questions in the past year, but have never really introduced myself. Anyway, I started doing rally cross when I first began driving about five years ago in my 91' 900s. The past couple years I have been running in the New England hillclimbs, both in a 92' 900 turbo and a 9000 Aero. I recently picked up an 85' 900 that I plan to start building into a dedicated hillclimb car. All the info on this site has already given me a lot of ideas and inspiration for the build, but Im sure Ill be asking for advice along the way.

I also got a chance to see Lukes car in person at NEFR which was really cool. (I had recieved a last minute invitation to co-drive in an Audi 4000, and we were parked next to Lukes car in parc-expose) We ended up with a DNF on sunday after succumbing to fuel pump issues, but it was a great experience and Ill be at some rally's in the future and get to meet some of you guys.

-Pascal

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: Just saying hey

Postby airsweden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Bienvenue Pascal! We've already met at a coupla hillclimbs, glad to hear you still had a good time with Kevin in the audi. Lets hear/see more about your 85 900..... pics and plans when you get a chance?

Josh Teresco
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

KPAero

Postby KPAero » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:41 pm

(One of my two brothers who bought the car with me.)

I dont have a lot of pictures yet, but Im planning on using my winter break to actually get a real start on this thing. As far as future plans, I had hopped to spend this upcoming weekend going over the car and making a good list of its needs, so I could compare that with my wants and come up with a doable list for the near future. Unfortunately, I broke my Aero at the Ascutney hillclimb a couple weeks ago, so Ill be fixing that instead.

Things I know need fixing include the wiring throughout the car, I just don't like how the PO hacked some of it together. In a way its a good excuse to go through all the wiring and make it reliable and easier to work on during events. I was also planning on doing a T5 swap. The engine and tranny will have to come out to replace a noisy pinion bearing. While thats out Ill look to replace wear items and any seals as needed on the engine. Once the transmission is apart Ill decide how much I want to do with that. It has a phantom grip that Im going to leave, and Ill be adding one of Luke's steel diff covers. It currently has a T3/T4, 3in exhaust and FMIC.

For suspension it has Koni adjustable shocks and SD springs. Does anyone know what the swedish dynamics springs actually are? Just new bushings where needed and I might just leave it at that for now. It does have the vented front disks, so down the road I would like to go for the wilwood calipers, but the stock brakes should be adequate for hillclimbs until that happens.

One nice thing is that the shell is very solid, and is in need of no real rust repair. While the thought of doing a cage myself did cross my mind, I just don't have the equipment and skills do be comfortable doing it. Someday.... For this car though I think Im going to bring it to Dentsport garage, who use Chris Howard for their cage building.

Im hoping to eventually end up with a class competitive car. Regulars in this class include a volvo 240 and a Peugeot 505 that Im looking forward to competing with.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:08 am

Hi Pascal,
I think we might have met briefly at a NER RallyX or two. You had a white C900 with CRS stickers?
I was co-driving at NEFR too. I was in Justin Carven's Grease Machine.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

KPAero

Postby KPAero » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Yeah, that was me. ^is that your car? Did you also co-drive with Justin at a few of the NE hillclimbs?

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Yup, that's my car. I haven't been to any of the hillclimbs in about 10 years, and that was only to watch. Scott Nickerson co-drove for Justin at some of the hillclimbs. He has also co-driven for Joey Kale and Justin at a few rallies too.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:40 pm

test2
I am the 73%

Return to “Introductions”