Hats off, this is a great forum

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
turbo stephan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Hats off, this is a great forum

Postby turbo stephan » Fri May 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi, my name is Stephan and I came to this forum through my friend Dennis aka squaab99t. Currently I live in Vancouver, BC but I am originally from Germany :germany: . I have been a Saabnut ever since because my best friends’ Dad has a Saab dealership and repair shop since ’74 in the town I grew up. Needless to say, one of my first cars was a Saab 900 8v n/a from ’85. I am currently driving an ’89 900 turbo convertible with approx. 411,000 km (257,000 miles) although I am always looking for a nice SPG or 99 because I would really like to have one of them in combination with a B202 turbo and T5 or another standalone engine management.

As mentioned, Dennis brought me to this forum. We often work together and I have learned many things from him and his other friends. I’ve been reading on this forum for the last couple of days and hats off you guys do really amazing engineering and fabrication work :thumbsup: . I enjoy the picture gallery and ‘Projects and build threads’ and in the last couple of days my wish to have a 99 with a 16v turbo has somehow grown quite a bit ;) .
I’m looking forward to learn more stuff especially about the older Saab models and rallying as well as the opportunity to share my interests with you guys.

Stephan

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Hats off, this is a great forum

Postby DrewP » Fri May 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Welcome aboard!

Glad to see all the awesome emoticons going to good use as well - that's the real reason I joined up.

Where else do you get :berserk: and :mad: and :special:

Nowhere, that's where.

Welcome!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Sat May 21, 2011 3:31 pm

:yay:Good to see that you joined. This is the best Saab forum on the NET. Great group, straight shooters, and knowledgeable about 99 and 900c. They even put up us pavement whinnies.

turbo stephan

Postby turbo stephan » Sat May 21, 2011 7:13 pm

DrewP wrote:Welcome aboard!

Glad to see all the awesome emoticons going to good use as well - that's the real reason I joined up.

Where else do you get :berserk: and :mad: and :special:

Nowhere, that's where.

Welcome!

Thanks. I was really surprised about all of these emoticons. I have seen this one here :mad: on the German Saab forum though. Btw, nice thread about your 99.

Stephan

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Sat May 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes, welcome Stephan... Highest signal-to-noise ratio of any saab forum I've found. Come by my shop again next time you are in the area with Dennis!

Craig

turbo stephan

Postby turbo stephan » Sat May 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Mezzanine wrote:Yes, welcome Stephan... Highest signal-to-noise ratio of any saab forum I've found. Come by my shop again next time you are in the area with Dennis!

Craig

Hey Craig,

I just figured that you are behind that username while reading Luke's entire thread about the 16v. I'll definitely stop by next time I am down in the area.

Stephan

GOLFGURU
Nickname: GURU
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby GOLFGURU » Mon May 23, 2011 1:10 am

:crazy:Welcome Stephan, these guy's have helped me out huge...Good people..1988 B.M.W. M5 is my dream car.. :thumbsup: joe

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon May 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks Steven,

I am really happy with the direction the site is going - theres some great projects going on and some people are really working hard!
When we established the site there was really not a central place for the discussion of SAABs in motorsports - I am really happy that we are getting more users who don't neccessarily actively participlate in a form of racing - but respect the heritage and like to contribute to the dialog.

turbo stephan

Postby turbo stephan » Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Luke wrote:Thanks Steven,

I am really happy with the direction the site is going - theres some great projects going on and some people are really working hard!
When we established the site there was really not a central place for the discussion of SAABs in motorsports - I am really happy that we are getting more users who don't neccessarily actively participlate in a form of racing - but respect the heritage and like to contribute to the dialog.

You're welcome. The projects are really great, especially yours, but that is really not a secret. I was always tinkering with the idea of having a rallycar and I can tell you, you guys make it hard for me to resist my thoughts. However, first I need to learn a lot more and then I need a 99 from somewhere as that has always been my wish as well.

Stephan

burnsside42
Nickname: Jeff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby burnsside42 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 am

Welcome! I too have found my way here - I'm a moderator on 2 other Saab forums and a member of 3 others! This is by far the most unique of them all. I hope to be able to contribute more over the next few months as I complete the assembly of another members 1971 99 with a 16V SPG Turbo motor swap, and then some. I hope to be picking it up soon so I can finish it up and put it onto the road for daily driver status.

Enjoy!

(I am also a 9000 guru it seems - so if you ever have a 9000 question, do not hesitate to ask!)

my 1995 9000 CS will become a future project which I'll post here (in a few years) once I get ready to bolt a Holset to it and then start running it @ tracks.
6 Saab's + 1 Moto Guzzi = needs more time & money!

sjones

Postby sjones » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:23 am

Agreed .. finally a clean, quick loading saab forum that isn't burdened with advertising.

Return to “Introductions”