Hello All.Nice to be here.

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
bluesonett
Nickname: bluesonett
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Hello All.Nice to be here.

Postby bluesonett » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 am

Hello Everyone,
Great site.Many knowledgeable wrenches here and i appreciate all the info.Been around SAAB my entire life.Fathers influence.He worked at a very small SAAB dealer in up state New Jersey[Ray Bodwell Motors].I became hooked on cars after A trip to the 1970 New York Auto Show where i got to see the new SAAB SonettIII and Erics Baja 96 that was on display.[put my finger prints all over it.Did they ever wash it?It was still covered in dirt] .They had it on a stand with sand and cactus.My first SAAB was a 61 or 62 bull nose my dad gave me.I was only fifteen so didnt drive it much.My first legal and tagged SAAB was A 69 99 that I found under a tree.It had a blown head gasket[I think they came from the dealer that way].Gave the guy a Kawasaki 100 I had for it.[ Back then you could drive a bike legally on the road with a learners permit]Taking that head off was a charm,think it took us a week to figure out a way to get it unstuck[rope in one cylinder,pushed it in gear].Became a professional mechanic in the eighties.Worked for dealers up until 93.I,m kind of out of the loop when it comes to the newer SAABs.Newest SAAB I have had was A 93 9000cs[what a great car].Never even sat in a ng900 or any of the following models.Not that i dont like them,just never had a chance.Today I drive A 89 900spg and am in the middle of restoring A 73 Sonett.Anyway ,thats just a brief history of my SAAB experience.I could go on all day though.I have plenty of funny SAAB stories.
Thank You All for letting join the site.
Andy

GOLFGURU
Nickname: GURU
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Hello All.Nice to be here.

Postby GOLFGURU » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:57 am

Hello and welcome!..These guys are good chaps for sure... :thumbsup: Joe :crazy:

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 am

Welcome.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:57 am

bluesonett wrote:Hello Everyone,
Great site.Many knowledgeable wrenches here and i appreciate all the info.Been around SAAB my entire life.Fathers influence.He worked at a very small SAAB dealer in up state New Jersey[Ray Bodwell Motors].I became hooked on cars after A trip to the 1970 New York Auto Show where i got to see the new SAAB SonettIII and Erics Baja 96 that was on display.[put my finger prints all over it.Did they ever wash it?It was still covered in dirt] .They had it on a stand with sand and cactus.My first SAAB was a 61 or 62 bull nose my dad gave me.I was only fifteen so didnt drive it much.My first legal and tagged SAAB was A 69 99 that I found under a tree.It had a blown head gasket[I think they came from the dealer that way].Gave the guy a Kawasaki 100 I had for it.[ Back then you could drive a bike legally on the road with a learners permit]Taking that head off was a charm,think it took us a week to figure out a way to get it unstuck[rope in one cylinder,pushed it in gear].Became a professional mechanic in the eighties.Worked for dealers up until 93.I,m kind of out of the loop when it comes to the newer SAABs.Newest SAAB I have had was A 93 9000cs[what a great car].Never even sat in a ng900 or any of the following models.Not that i dont like them,just never had a chance.Today I drive A 89 900spg and am in the middle of restoring A 73 Sonett.Anyway ,thats just a brief history of my SAAB experience.I could go on all day though.I have plenty of funny SAAB stories.
Thank You All for letting join the site.
Andy

SAAB made cars after the classic 900? :lol:

Welcome!

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 am

You used rope? Out West we just pick some Mexicans up by the Home Depot and let them wail on it....

Welcome aboard!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Welcome! You're not missing much with the new cars.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “Introductions”