HEJ.....

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
BIRDIEMANGO
Nickname: BIRDIE
Number of Saabs currently owned: 8

Re: HEJ.....

Postby BIRDIEMANGO » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:36 pm

HERE YOU GO GEOFF,
THE WATER INJECTION CONTROL BOX WHICH WAS BASICALLY A RELAY AND PRESSURE SENSITIVE SWITCH,TO CUT IN AT A GIVEN BOOST PRESSURE......SUPPLYING WATER DIRECTED THROUGH A NOZZLE TOWARD THE TURBINE, ALL ELECTRICS CONTAINED WITHIN THE GREY PLASTIC COVER IN PHOTO.

A DUMP-VALVE ALSO CAME WITH THE KIT,BETWEEN THE INLET PIPE AND PRESSURE PIPE, MORE OR LESS IN LINE/LEVEL WITH THE FRONT OF THE GEARBOX CASING.IT WAS MISSING ON THIS CAR WHEN WE GOT IT,BUT HAVE SINCE MANAGED TO SOURCE ONE.....

THE WATER RESERVOIR WAS A 900 WASHER BOTTLE WHICH SLIDES DOWN THE INNER WING,OPPOSITE TO THE ORIGINAL WASHER BOTTLE.....YOU THEN RAN A MIXTURE OF WATER/METHANOL USUALLY 50/50.........

THE STORY GOES.....
THE KIT WAS ALLEGEDLY DEVELOPED BY A CHAP IN THE UK,I THINK HIS NAME WAS 'GUY SWEETON'.....

THEN SAAB SOLD THE KIT,FOR AROUND TWELVE MONTHS OVER HERE,BEFORE ISSUES OF CRACKED CYLINDER HEADS SEEMED TO APPEAR.........THE KIT WAS SUBSEQUENTLY WITHDRWAN (BY SAAB UK)SOON AFTER THAT.....
Attachments
Picture0285.jpg
Picture0285.jpg (60.92 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
99 WATER INJECTION CONTROL BOX.jpg
99 WATER INJECTION CONTROL BOX.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
CARLSSON TO BLOMQVIST......

''WHAT IS THIS TERRIBLE THING YOU HAVE TAUGHT YOURSELF,YOU MUST UNLEARN IT.....''

LEFT FOOT BRAKING

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Best decal ever right there, love it.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:21 pm

That's really neat! The guy in the US who has a 99 Turbo Sport told me that one of the problems with the kit was that the water hitting the turbo vanes (rotating at high speed) would deteriorate the vanes.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

jln
Nickname: jln
Number of Saabs currently owned: 10

Postby jln » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Hello Birdie.

I cannot really understand why you cannot do higher then 1.0 on boost pressure. I run my car on 1.5-1.6 without any problems with knocking. What fuel-head and fuel distributors are you using?

www.saabsport.se

Best regards Jonas

simo96
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby simo96 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:25 am

I have a theory! Jonas you car has a wilder cam with more overlap (I think). Birdies has a standard one and probably has more trapped compression due to less over lap. Its just like exhaust port tuning on a 2 stroke, if the exhaust closes later you need more compression from the head otherwise all you are doing is lowering the trapped compression (as read on a pressure gauge from the plug).
He is using the std distributor with the cold start firing. Apart from the later turbo and charge cooling birdies cars engine is std.

BIRDIEMANGO
Nickname: BIRDIE
Number of Saabs currently owned: 8

Postby BIRDIEMANGO » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 pm

jln wrote:Hello Birdie.

I cannot really understand why you cannot do higher then 1.0 on boost pressure. I run my car on 1.5-1.6 without any problems with knocking. What fuel-head and fuel distributors are you using?

http://www.saabsport.se

Best regards Jonas

HELLO JONAS,APOLOGIES I HAVE ONLY JUST SEEN YOUR POST....

THE CAR IS RUN ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET SO EVERYTHING IS KEPT AS MECHANICALLY STANDARD AS POSSIBLE,RAIDING THE SAAB PARTS BIN.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Ayof7k ... er&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=523BlInH ... er&list=UL

HERE ARE THREE RUNS ON THE ROLLING ROAD FROM SEPTEMBER 2011,WITH FIFTH(COLD START) INJECTOR WIRED UP.........

MORE INFO,EVERYTHING EXPLAINED AND ROLLING ROAD REPORTS ETC HERE

http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=77024

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY ADVICE,AND SAY HELLO TO JOHAN NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM(HRRS)?

I LIKE YOUR 99T BY THE WAY :yay:

BIRDIE
Attachments
ROLLING ROAD FIFTH INJECTOR SESSION SEPTEMBER 2011.........STANDARD 99T HEAD...STANDARD 99T CAM.JPG
ROLLING ROAD FIFTH INJECTOR SESSION SEPTEMBER 2011.........STANDARD 99T HEAD...STANDARD 99T CAM.JPG (49.09 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
CARLSSON TO BLOMQVIST......

''WHAT IS THIS TERRIBLE THING YOU HAVE TAUGHT YOURSELF,YOU MUST UNLEARN IT.....''

LEFT FOOT BRAKING

Return to “Introductions”