Greeting, fellow SAABers. =D

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Greeting, fellow SAABers. =D

Postby Luke » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 am

Welcome,

Love the 99, I love the black ems swoosh. Although I am a bit of a chamotte brown fan myself (when its clean and glossy it looks really nice), I think the '98 brown color would be equally cool on the 99.
Also I noticed in your pics of the 900, looks like you repainted the bumpers a satin black color? I have thought about that before, gives it look a little more of an ->86 effect. I like it.

ReinO
Nickname: Rein-O
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby ReinO » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:43 am

Luke wrote:Welcome,

Love the 99, I love the black ems swoosh. Although I am a bit of a chamotte brown fan myself (when its clean and glossy it looks really nice), I think the '98 brown color would be equally cool on the 99.
Also I noticed in your pics of the 900, looks like you repainted the bumpers a satin black color? I have thought about that before, gives it look a little more of an ->86 effect. I like it.

Yeah i would love to keep those stickers, but since it will be repainted, i find it a bit hard. Thinking about getting some new ones custom made though. ;)

The pictures of the 900 where the bumpers are really glossy and nice, are actually the pictures i got from the seller. He had cleaned the car and polished it real nice. The bumpers and tires were polished with some bumpershine or something like that. They don't look that nice otherwise. :rolleyes:
[Rein-O Racing]

Aircraft: Saab 900s -90 (Blackie)

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 pm

My wife is the same way with Norsk - she began learning it when she was little, and attended a year of folkehøgskule outside Bergen - now she teaches Norsk to other little Americans who live in Minnesota.

Usually when she gets into a conversation with a native speaker it's a good 5 mins before they ask her where in Norway she's from.... some people are just lucky.

Anyway, ditto Jordan, thanks for making the effort. This is what I really enjoy about the internet, doing a good job of bringing people together.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:04 pm

ReinO wrote: My girlfriend told me that they used to have an outdoor-shower in the summer,

Is anyone else having dirty thoughts about this? :lol:

I haven't been able to email Dave about that 16 valve H head on the B motor yet because when I was going to send the email we had a bunch of wet snow that took down some trees. Our internet has been out since. If I don't get it back by next week I'll take my computer to somewhere where there's a WIFI connection I can use to get into my personal email. I can get on SAABrally.com at work :thumbsup: but I can't get to my home email at work :thumbsdown: which is where I have Dave's email address stored.

I like the original Chamotte color of your car. It's identical to my '80 GLi

At some point I'd like to put the earlier EMS stripe (straight, no "swoosh") down the sides. I'd use black.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Geoff wrote:Is anyone else having dirty thoughts about this? :lol:

HEY!! :smash:

Nah just kidding. ;)

That sucks, man. Sad to hear it. Hope you'll get you internet back soon.

I like your garage! Looks like mine would look like. :P A black 3dr 900 and a brown 2dr 99 -80. :yay: Nice setup, i say. Nice setup indeed.
[Rein-O Racing]

DrewP
Nickname: TANK

Postby DrewP » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Geoff wrote:
ReinO wrote: My girlfriend told me that they used to have an outdoor-shower in the summer,

Is anyone else having dirty thoughts about this? :lol:

I was thinking clean thoughts.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:11 pm

ReinO wrote:I like your garage! Looks like mine would look like. :P A black 3dr 900 and a brown 2dr 99 -80. :yay: Nice setup, i say. Nice setup indeed.

That's actually a '78 99 Turbo :viking:

The garage is a parking garage. You can park two cars in it easily but there isn't a lot of room for working on them, well at least when you have two cars, two motorcycles, a tool box, air compressor, power tools, welding equipment, engine hoist, and a bunch of spare parts in there too. :rolleyes:

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Geoff wrote:That's actually a '78 99 Turbo :viking:

Bah.. Same same but different, as one says. :sweden:
Geoff wrote:The garage is a parking garage. You can park two cars in it easily but there isn't a lot of room for working on them, well at least when you have two cars, two motorcycles, a tool box, air compressor, power tools, welding equipment, engine hoist, and a bunch of spare parts in there too. :rolleyes:

I would love to have a garage like that. :P But since i live in an apartment, that's not an option at the moment. But as i said, i'm planning to find some kind of garage to store my 99 and tools and all that in, when i can afford it better. I've got a -78 Zündapp moped that needs shelter too so.. ;)

Haha yeah i bet it gets crammed really fast when you put all the stuff in there. But it's much better than parking outside and storing your tools in the basement. A real workshop is the dream though. With lift and a central aircompressor, so you just have pipes and connections, instead of moving the entire compressor around. Will probably cost a bit though, but when i get a house in the future, i hope to make it happen. :yay:
[Rein-O Racing]

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:07 pm

The only thing that's kept me from putting in a lift is the lack ceiling height.

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Time for a garage rebuild then maybe? ;) To raise the roof. :thumbsup:

Speaking about roofs...
I forgot to write another plan i have for the 99. :ninja:

I plan to replace the original roof (external metalsheet only) with a roof from a 900 with sunroof. :yay: Since it is the same roof on both 99 and 900, cc or sedan, it should be a quite possible project. :rock on:
[Rein-O Racing]

KoogiA17

Postby KoogiA17 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:56 am

I have a 4 door equivalent of your 99. :yay: Same model year, same chamotte brown colour and made in Sweden. Did you know? Chamotte brown is one of the most popular colours amongst Saab enthusiasts, despite the fact that it looks like something a baby might leave in a nappy.

If you want an elec fuel system, you could add Trionic 5. The DI pack fits straight into a 16v B202 head and there is plenty of info floating around the web on how to wire up/install Trionic.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:44 am

KoogiA17 wrote:Chamotte brown is one of the most popular colours amongst Saab enthusiasts, despite the fact that it looks like something a baby might leave in a nappy.

We SAABers are a sick bunch :shit: :lol:

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:25 pm

KoogiA17 wrote:I have a 4 door equivalent of your 99. :yay: Same model year, same chamotte brown colour and made in Sweden. Did you know? Chamotte brown is one of the most popular colours amongst Saab enthusiasts, despite the fact that it looks like something a baby might leave in a nappy.

If you want an elec fuel system, you could add Trionic 5. The DI pack fits straight into a 16v B202 head and there is plenty of info floating around the web on how to wire up/install Trionic.

:sweden: :thumbsup:

Yeah i think that Chamotte can look really nice when it's taken care of. :rolleyes:
My girlfriend actually calls it "Babypoopbrown". :lol:

Ive been thinking a bit about the Trionic system, but i'm wondering if it plays well with a non-turbo setup. Trionic is a complete system, with fuel, ignition and boost as i know it. :P

A 9000 DI system from -88 might work just fine, but then we have the problem that i'm planning to stick with the B-engine, and i'm not sure that i will go through with the project 16v H-head on B-block.. We'll see what happens down the road. ;)
[Rein-O Racing]

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:00 pm

babypoopbrown is about the most common description I have heard.
I am the 73%

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:44 am

I saw a picture somewhere,where they took the DI cassette and just strapped it to the the engine bay and ran individual leads to the spark plugs (wasn't an h-motor). Drew I remember commented on the possibility of arcing with such high voltages, but looked like it was working out..

Return to “Introductions”