Greeting, fellow SAABers. =D

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
ReinO
Nickname: Rein-O
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Greeting, fellow SAABers. =D

Postby ReinO » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi. i'm a 25yr old motorhead from the land of SAAB. =) I love the older cars and i currently drive a 1990 SAAB 900S (lpt). It's a solid black 3dr with red textile interior and it will soon pass 300 000 Km (approx. 186000 miles). It's my daily driver and i love it. Especially on a tightcornered gravelroad. ;) Some pictures in the link below. =)

I also have a 1980 SAAB 99GL, witch is my long term project, that i hope will be as awesome as my vision. =) I actually just registered here because i wanted to ask 'Geoff' here, a question about a thread that was posted i -09, that was about a guy that modified a B-engine with a 16V H-head. :P

Well, that was the relevant part..

Apart from all that, i work as a Loading Supervisor at Arlanda International Airport in Stockholm, Sweden.
Don't really know what info to continue with, so if you want to know anything, just ask. =)

Warning! There might be a slight abuse of smileys in my posts. ;)
[Rein-O Racing]

Aircraft: Saab 900s -90 (Blackie)

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Greeting, fellow SAABers. =D

Postby DrewP » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:19 pm

ReinO wrote:

You can admit that you just joined because we have the best smileys here! :woohoo:

You might have been out on the tarmac when the wife and I flew in for our honeymoon last March, I was the dumb American waving like mad to everyone on my first visit to Sverige.

Welcome!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 pm

DrewP wrote:You can admit that you just joined because we have the best smileys here! :woohoo:

You might have been out on the tarmac when the wife and I flew in for our honeymoon last March, I was the dumb American waving like mad to everyone on my first visit to Sverige.

Welcome!

Thanks!

Okay, you got me.. :sweden: haha

Oh really? Well it might have been, but that depends on what airline you flew with. If it was SAS or Iceland Air it is not entirely impossible. :P Coming back for anniversary maybe? ;) Congrats on the marriage btw. :thumbsup:
[Rein-O Racing]

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB

Postby SalemSaab » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:37 am

ReinO wrote:Hi. i'm a 25yr old motorhead from the land of SAAB. =) I love the older cars and i currently drive a 1990 SAAB 900S (lpt). It's a solid black 3dr with red textile interior and it will soon pass 300 000 Km (approx. 186000 miles). It's my daily driver and i love it.

I also have a 1980 SAAB 99GL, witch is my long term project, that i hope will be as awesome as my vision. =)

These smileys are great :thumbsup: .. Saabs even better
The 900 looks perfect & clean!
However I am more Interested in hearing more about your 99 :P

Wonder how much International shipping is from the Motherland ...you've got to have loads of parts we all need & you are already at the airport ;)
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Yeah, i'm really happy with the 900, even though some problems exists. But there is not much rust, and that is really nice. I have an original IC and APC lying around, to make it a FPT. ;) So i hope it will hold up to the performanceboost in spring, when i will install it. Also have a 3" downpipe, but i don't know when it will be mounted.
Another plan of mine, is to convert the front and rear to make it look like the older ones, from like -81 -83. :) That will be just awesome when it's done. I'm going to mount some wind deflectors on the doors too. ;)

Hehe a little bit into 99s eh? :thumbsup:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Reinemar86/Saab99GL80?authuser=0&feat=directlink

There is som pictures of it. The first ones is how i found it, except for the lack of lights, grille and hood, witch currently sits on another 99 that you can see in the background on some of the newer pics. It's got som rust, but not any holes, since it has been sitting in a barn since -96. Hence the massive amount if birdcrap and dust on it.

Mission one was to get some suspension in the back and get it to stand on its own wheels, in order to get it down from the loft, since the barn has seen it's better days. When we got it out, i washed it with a high pressure washer, and it looks soo much better. :yay:
Then we put it in a garage, where it is today.

Sadly enough, i cant spend as much time as i would like to on it, because it sits more than 300 miles from me, at my mother-in-laws house. :( And i have no place for it here at home yet.

I do got some neat stuff for it though. :) Ronal Silver Spoke, as you can see on the pics, plus football-rims. I got a Saab Original accessory rear spoiler, not a rubber one, and not the Airflow type, but the ducktail one made of hard plastic. A really rare piece of plastic. :fuckyou: hehe ;)
One of my latest editions to the car is wind/dirt deflectors, that you put on the sides of the windshield instead of the doors. They too, are very rare.

I would love to get my hand on a US front with dual round headlights too, but thats will be a future investment. Plans of a sunroof from an old 900 spins in my mind too. ;)

I sure have a lot of ideas, but it remains to be seen, if they will be fullfilled, but i'll try. :rolleyes:
[Rein-O Racing]

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:52 pm

This is the kind of rear spoiler i got for my 99. :special:
[Rein-O Racing]

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:34 am

I have the hatchback version on a C900. Dig it!
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DrewP

Postby DrewP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:49 pm

This photo made me laugh - it looks like you took it out to pasture to put it out of it's misery! :bawl:

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB

Postby SalemSaab » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:39 pm

ReinO wrote:This is the kind of rear spoiler i got for my 99. :special:

hmm ... you can leave that one over there :thumbsup:

Your 99 looks like quite the project ... love the 900, though, so it's in good hands.
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Is that a ghetto hot water heater on the barn wall?
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 pm

DrewP wrote:This photo made me laugh - it looks like you took it out to pasture to put it out of it's misery! :bawl:

Hahaha never thought of that, actually. But you're right. :lol:

SwedeSport wrote:Is that a ghetto hot water heater on the barn wall?

Yes! it actually IS a waterheater. :P Not for the entire house though. My girlfriend told me that they used to have an outdoor-shower in the summer, and that hose was heating the water to it.
[Rein-O Racing]

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:17 pm

SalemSaab wrote:Your 99 looks like quite the project ...

Yes indeed it is. i would love to be able to work on it more than i can now. Planning to get a garage down here when my personal economy is more stable.

I am curious about how it will be to drive when i am done. :) My current plans in performance is;
*sport suspension
*B-engine bored to maybe 2.2 litres with, hopefully, a 16V head and some kind of DI.
*Either some electronic fuelsystem or dual webber or dellorto carbs.
*4 speed chillcasted gearbox.

I would love to see that setup in perfect working condition. :yay:

Btw, the color i intend to have on it is Saab 263 Copper Bronze Pearl, witch was available on the NG900 in -98. :rock on:
Like this one..

The color looks really cool.
[Rein-O Racing]

DrewP

Postby DrewP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:26 pm

I think your English is better than mine, did you study outside of Sweden?

ReinO

Postby ReinO » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:58 am

DrewP wrote:I think your English is better than mine, did you study outside of Sweden?

Haha thanks. :P
No i haven't actually. I've just had easy to learn the language. Plus i use it in my work, since i work at an international airport. I didn't study anything after i graduated from the gymnasium (equivalent to your highschool). The thing i studied there was like the easiest thing i could find, Automotive - Mechanic. ;)

Also, in forums, no matter if its a Swedish forum, or an international one, i try to write as correct as i can, in terms of spelling and grammar. For example, people that don't understand swedish may want to translate what i may have written, and they will probably use google translate or something, and we all know how forgiving that service is when it comes to faulty grammar and spelling. :rolleyes:
[Rein-O Racing]

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 am

One of our members has a 900 (that model) that color. Its quite nice, although it looks as though it would have to be painted by a top-notch professional, lots of different colored metal flake in it would be tough for amateur to pull off well.

I (and others I'm sure) appreciate on the effort for writing well. I can't see the reasoning behind a lot of the short hand, besides being lazy. I don't think anyone on this forum does it, and frankly I find it quite annoying.

ne1 hav som rimps I cna buy 4 like 50 ca$h?

:lol:

Emoicons on the other hand are awesome. :luke:

Oh and that barn is awesome. :thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”