99 now in VT

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
firedome
Nickname: firedome
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

99 now in VT

Postby firedome » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 am

Hey all... been over at SL/SU for a spell, but now that we've added a 1977 99 to the family collection of 2 C900s, 2 9-3s, and 1 9-5, it looks like this is THE go-to place for 99 info. We do know a bit about 99s, having bought one brand new in '74, but we didn't have to restore that one! So will be around asking some ?s. It's a good solid driver from W. Mass, only 97k miles and excellent service records. Needs front end and suspension resto. Will try to load a pic:
Attachments
saab99.JPG
saab99.JPG (113.25 KiB) Viewed 5476 times

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: 99 now in VT

Postby Geoff » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:25 am

Nice! I'm glad I wasn't cruising Craigslist recently for cars, otherwise I'd probably have grabbed that one and would have had some explaining to do at home...

I hope to see the car on the road sometime!
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

firedome

Postby firedome » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks! Tool a 10 mile drive the other day to put her in winter storage, she runs great! Now we collect front end and suspension parts and wait for spring!
Need a front turn signal lens, driver side - its got a chunk missing out of it, if anyone has a good one?

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

firedome wrote:Thanks! Tool a 10 mile drive the other day to put her in winter storage, she runs great! Now we collect front end and suspension parts and wait for spring!
Need a front turn signal lens, driver side - its got a chunk missing out of it, if anyone has a good one?

Will you be converting to 900 front hubs?
I am the 73%

firedome

Postby firedome » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Prob not, I can put up with the OEMs. At least for now. Needs ball joints and TRE though. Also thinking about soccerballs, they'd look good imho.

firedome

Postby firedome » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 am

Picked up some good EMS seats to replace the tattered ones, and a pr of headlight surrounds... still need a good uncracked front driver side turn sig lens... anyone?

Body turns out to be not as good as I'd hoped, some rust was covered up in a few areas, but still plan to drive and play with it for awhile, and maybe do body work down the road someday, or just drive it as is... while I look for a more rust free 99/early 900. Have one in mind...

firedome

Postby firedome » Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 am

Got her out of the storage barn and she drove home about 10 mi no problems except began running rough about a mile from home, probably an injector or plug wire, something to diagnose when we have time...got new VT plates, now need the insp sticker.

Still need an uncracked driver side front turn sig lens!

Return to “Introductions”