About time to introduce myself

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
pyrrhic
Nickname: Ren
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

About time to introduce myself

Postby pyrrhic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:02 pm

My name is Ren, soldier for 13 years (crazy, I know), rally fan and Saab fan boy, currently own two Saabs, a 1987 900i (8v no turbo no cat), and a 2000 9-5 Aero Combi. Recently sold my first Saab, a 1995 900 SE Turbo. I am stationed in Germany now and enjoying all the automotive things to do here, saw an orange 96 at a hillclimb a few months back. I have been a rally fan for a while, watched the Rim of the World Rally in California in person back in 2000, got to meet Petter Solberg back then. In the Army I am a helicopter mechanic, I have always been drawn to mechanical things, started with bicycles, then cars, then aircraft. I wrench on my own cars, and like to get way over my head with repairs I should have left to more experienced people... then I finish it to my own astonishment and learn a few things along the way. I am the father of a handsome 4 month old boy and married for eight years to a Korean girl who doesn't seem to age... :crazy:

Picking up my C900 in France when I bought it. It's rust free with a very nice red velour interior, great shape. I had a four hour drive returning home on the Autobahn that day, the old Swede proved very reliable.

The Aero wagon, this car does more baby carrying duty than anything, the daily driver is the C900

My old NG900, bought it in Alaska, autocrossed it, drove it from AK to Alabama, shipped it to Germany. A few months back I sold it to a Vermont native Soldier who grew up around Saabs. So it's still in good hands :D

This is who I hang with, the guys from the Frankfurt Saab Club, that 68 Sonett is a California car that made its way back to Europe last year.

Plenty of Saab meetings here in Germany, two months ago we had 48 cars from Germany, Austria and Switzerland do a meet and ride in the Bavarian forest

That hillclimbing 96 in the Langenburg Historical Hillclimb

Return to “Introductions”