Raul's saab project

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
Raul
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Raul's saab project

Postby Raul » Mon May 21, 2007 2:40 am

for all of you who wish to see pictures and info on my Saab project go here a year old thread:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showt ... p?t=101880

This one is newer:
Megasquirt and direct ignition:
http://www.msruns.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22579
Last edited by Raul on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon May 21, 2007 6:27 am

are you using invisible film? i didn't see any photos or even any indications of a broken link.
I am the 73%

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Mon May 21, 2007 6:57 am

Works for me.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon May 21, 2007 8:37 am

Yeah, I usually tear my heads down in the driveway, use rusty gears, and talk about myself in the third person too. :lol:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon May 21, 2007 8:42 am

well i reloaded it in internet exploder and I at least saw the broken image link boxes....Work must be blocking it. I'll have to look at home.
I am the 73%

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon May 21, 2007 9:14 am

Yeah my work is blocking it too.

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Mon May 21, 2007 10:16 am

Well I do like some of what you doing this time, it looks like you are on a good track with the MS. the red... everything. is really something, quite an... interesting look.

you may actually come out with a pretty fast car this time Raul! though I'd not expect that trans to last too long if you get it running right with the MS and that turbo, it just won't hold it if you put a lot of miles on it and drive it properly. Ask me how I know. I broke 2 91-93 trannys last year alone.
Less brake more gas!

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Mon May 21, 2007 10:23 am

Crazyswede wrote:well i reloaded it in internet exploder and I at least saw the broken image link boxes....Work must be blocking it. I'll have to look at home.

summary: red=faster, raul knows his shit, Raul doesnt need silly things like heat, luke is using an "old school" turbo, Raul likes to talk about Raul, etc... good luck with the trans Raul!

Paul

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon May 21, 2007 10:39 am

From the text it looks like you've done a very nice job Raul. I am curious why you think the T3 flange on the GT28RS would be any less efficient. It is virtually the same AR ratio just with a different sized bolt pattern for the manifold so that no adapters are necessary.

Raul

Postby Raul » Mon May 21, 2007 1:41 pm

Luke wrote:From the text it looks like you've done a very nice job Raul. I am curious why you think the T3 flange on the GT28RS would be any less efficient. It is virtually the same AR ratio just with a different sized bolt pattern for the manifold so that no adapters are necessary.

When I was buying my turbo, the turbo guy told me that FORD turbine housing(.63ar) that you are using Luke is actually slightly bigger than GT.64ar housing, and it is not designed for GT disco patato turbo. And that Ford T3 housing is old technology garrett T series, it will slightly reduce the efficiency of state of the art gt series BB turbochargers. To have a full benefit of state of the art GT ball bearing turbocharger you must keep it in it's original form, gt turbine housing is closely matched to GT turbine wheel to give it a best performance posible while Ford housing is designed for old T series wheels. I have the new Garrett manual that I got free with my purchase and it explaines everything, that GT series turbine housing have superior aerodynamics and much better than old T3. How much efficiency was lost Luke do to that ford housing is a good question but It is not a lot to worry.

Yeah, I usually tear my heads down in the driveway, use rusty gears, and talk about myself in the third person too.

Tearing heads in large open area is the best because you can't lose valve keepers and other small parts, rusty gear picture is just to show the difference, I did not use the rusty gear. I don't care what you do Geoff but save your cheap shots for someone else.

summary: red=faster, raul knows his shit, Raul doesnt need silly things like heat, luke is using an "old school" turbo

paulH I painted the engine so that it covers the nasty looking old iron, also I like it painted because I can notice oil leaks better and dirt comes of paint better than from bare metal, whats wrong with red? There are no ther choises outhere, blue, gray, yellow, will loke worse and with black you can't notice oil leaks. This engine hsould not have oil leaks but if it does it will be easier to spot. I did not say Luke has old school turbo, I said he has old school turbine housing and that is true. Paul I know much more than you so save your cheap shots for someone who cares

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon May 21, 2007 1:56 pm

Raul wrote:
Yeah, I usually tear my heads down in the driveway, use rusty gears, and talk about myself in the third person too
Tearing heads in large open area is the best because you can't lose valve keepers and other small parts, rusty gear picture is just to show the difference, I did not use the rusty gear. I don't care what you do Geoff but save your cheap shots for someone else.

Honestly I don't think Geoff was giving you a hard time, he probably really does do head jobs in his driveway. We all work with what we have available. And I use rusty gears, with a little scotchbrite the haze comes right off.

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Mon May 21, 2007 2:12 pm

Raul wrote: Paul I know much more than you so save your cheap shots for someone who cares

:lol: k raul, whatever you say.

Paul

The Red Baron

Postby The Red Baron » Mon May 21, 2007 2:24 pm

It's not a competition, it's a dance! In a manner of speaking... :wink:

GRMPer

Postby GRMPer » Mon May 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Geez, this site is too cool for flame wars. I think the project looks neat.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon May 21, 2007 3:08 pm

GRMPer wrote:Geez, this site is too cool for flame wars. I think the project looks neat.

That is very true... there is some bad blood that still gets carried over from other sites for whatever reason. One more outburst and I'll fix 'em... :punches fist:

Return to “Introductions”