New-to-us K900...

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
billy bee
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

New-to-us K900...

Postby billy bee » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:50 pm

K900? Yup. Bought this 1991 900 NA, 5-spd convertible in Atlanta from my best buddy (from high school) for my wife, Mary. Drove it home to California by way of Maryland, logging more than 3400 miles in it last week.

Upon getting the car to CA, we, sadly, put it to work as our dog car, hence the K900. We loaded our 16-year-old Golden mix, Obie, in the car Friday, took him to the beach one last time, drove him through McD's for French fries and ice cream. Obie laid in Mary's lap in the back seat as we drove around with the top down. Then we drove by the vet to say our final good-byes. A fitting procession for a dog who just enjoyed being a good-natured canine companion, especially to Mary.

RIP, Obie... Hope you enjoy an eternity of laying by a warm fire.

Here is Piper, our other Golden, in the car afterwards. He seems to like having the back seat to himself. Now he is welcome to it...

A little more about me and the car: I am a long-time SAAB enthusiast who has been SAAB-less for about 20 years...maybe more. I had a '78 99LE in college (in Vermont), owned a few C900's after college (in Maryland), and now live in Arroyo Grande, California. I have been involved in racing for a long time, but retired from driving in 2000, although a return to the track is a possibility. Mostly a road racer, but I did some autocross, hill climb and rally cross in the 80's and 90's. This latest SAAB is for Mary. It's a 1991 900 NA, 5-spd, convertible, black/black/tan, 230k miles. Runs great. A few niggles--weak 2nd-gear syncros, A/C inop, weak motor mounts--but mostly everything works perfectly and the car drives amazingly well.

Hope to be able to contribute to the SAAB community here as we sort this car out.

Thanks,
Bill

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: New-to-us K900...

Postby DrewP » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. My brother went to Cal Poly up there, beautiful area.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “Introductions”