Noob

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
ajagodnik
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Noob

Postby ajagodnik » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi all, thanks for letting me in! :yay:
I heard about Saabrally from Adrian and a few other people who also post on Grassroots. I'm pretty amazed by the amount of knowledge and caliber of the builds here!
I've been part of a Saab family since forever, I guess. My grandparents had a series of 96/97s of both the stroker and V4 varieties. We've had a bunch of 9000s of every configuration over the years, including my 95 Imola Red Aero that was a blast for trackdays, mainly for blasting around all the ricers on the straights and hoping to not get caught again in the corners. I very, very briefly owned a C900 back in the early 90s, so I really don't know much about them.
Currently the Saab fleet is small: 9-5 Aero wagon that my wife drives, and my unsalted 90 900 base model auto:
_DSC0489.JPG

The 900 is TX based, and rust free apart from some bits of surface rust here and there, but pretty tired. I think the auto box is shot, which is fine because my long term goal is to make it into a turbo/5spd with T5 and get it configured as a street/occasional trackday car.
Barring stumbling on a really, really cheap turbo/5spd, it will probably be a slow, staged transformation. it's a pretty boring build at this point, but I'll get a build thread to date started soon.
I'm going to get with a local guy who has a bunch of parts cars this week, to see if I can get everything needed for a 5spd swap.

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Noob

Postby hutch » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Welcome! :thumbsup:

Don't be too intimidated by the level of some builds on here, I think its nice just to see people taking care of these old Saabs, sounds like you'll have a fun time and project.

(oh and nice 9-5, I have a 9-3 to drive every day but don't like to mention the GM Saabs around these parts :lol: )

ajagodnik
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: Noob

Postby ajagodnik » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks Hutch, sadly my wife has taken over the 9-5 because she can pass more people on the way to work than with her Odyssey.
The 9-5 is definitely less fun than the 9000 or C900, but works great for devouring a lot of miles quickly with no stress.
I kind of grabbed this C900 knowing it was in need of a lot of work, but rust-free older cars are so rare up here, I figure I can to mechanical work (or learn as I go, which is normally how these things go for me).

Return to “Introductions”