Greetings

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
jessesayre
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Greetings

Postby jessesayre » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi All! So my brother told me I should join the forum and here I am.

I think the Saab bug hit my family hard as we all own them now. Maybe I was a bit of a late bloomer when it came to loving them, but I'm finally fully infected. I just now need to convince my wife that yes it's a healthy obsession and that yes I do need that one over there for sale.

IMG_6359.JPG

My '80 5-door in front of my brother's '79 5-door at Carlisle this year. It was my first time there and I had a blast.

Not sure what else to say besides, I've got a project car now on my hands. A '76 99 Wagonback that I've got some ideas on what I want to do, but haven't figured it out yet. Go check out the build thread on it and help me decide what I should do with it. I want to take it to Carlisle next year if I can finish it in time.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Greetings

Postby DrewP » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Welcome!

Did your brother pick the dark blue on up at my shop like 5-6 years ago? It was parked in a garage and had already had the gearbox disassembled or something?
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

jessesayre
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby jessesayre » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Drew, I think so. He'd have to give specifics, but he did find it while he was living in CA and had some shop fix the gearbox. We then drove it cross country back to PA summer of 2011. Put close to 4,000 miles on it driving it around for over a week. Great trip.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Nice! Yup, that was me! Glad it's still getting use, it cleaned up really well!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

tucksayre
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby tucksayre » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Same car DrewP, you guys did a great job! It's still running great! I haven't done much lately with it. I did finally install some repainted ronal minilites that I bought 3 years ago.

Return to “Introductions”