Hello all!

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:31 pm

monte 283 wrote:That's got to be tough to explain to the press:

"What happened to your team? Engine failure? Transmission blow-up? Rolled the car five times to avoid a spectator?"

"Uh, no...the co-driver puked on the route book and we couldn't read the directions."

At my first POR I noticed several co-drivers with Dramamine patches behind each ear. I also noticed a local newspaper reporter a little green in the gills; he rode the press stage with Paul Choinere.

When you share a hotel room with all of us on a rally weekend, it's pretty ahrd not to puke on the route book... :roll:
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:40 pm

I use a Scolamine or something like that patch when I co-drive. Otherwise I get very sick in the car. I did tall pines one year....we finished but I didnt do much navigating after the first stage. my view alternated from out the window to the insides of a big zip lock bag.

:cry:
I am the 73%

monte 283

Postby monte 283 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:32 pm

I hope you didn't stop at a control and hand the wrong thing out the window! "Here hold this...my card is here somewhere..."

The first time I crewed for Jerry Sweet (POR 1991, dead last but finished) we "collected" the remaining beer from the post award party and spent an hour or two with John Buffum and the the editor of RALLY magazine in a hotel room watching old group B rally videos. Then we spent the rest of the wee hours in the hotel lobby, pulling beers from a trash can filled with ice and giving a toast to the rally gods. It was a very, very long ride home the next day with several pit stops. You can still spot the dead trees along highway 41, north of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

And never, never-ever-ever (to infinity) mix your own black & tans with Guiness and Miller Lite!
Mike

"Keep twixt the trees"

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 pm

No, I was sure to hand the zip lock bag to my driver (James) while I handed over the time card. I did have one stage control where I had to get out rather quickly and managed to get just in front of the control car before I was violently ill...it was a long day. Its something of an accomplishment to be sick that many times in one day though I hope to never do that again.
I am the 73%

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:33 am

[quote="monte 283"

And never, never-ever-ever (to infinity) mix your own black & tans with Guiness and Miller Lite![/quote]

You're about three seconds away from being killed.
-Max

monte 283

Postby monte 283 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:48 pm

No worries, part of me died on that trip home!

Ah Guiness...Heavy, aromatic, with the color of drain oil. Good stuff in moderation and the nice thing is most of my friends won't touch it so any begging for a brewski usually stops when I mention all I have is Guiness in the fridge.

Miller Lite...Clean, tasty and just the right beer for hot afternoons when you are cleaning out used tires and 900 seats with broken webbing because you thought it would be a good idea to have a "clean" garage for your garage party.

Mixed together it went down just fine (course I couldn't taste anything at that point) but the next two days were...interesting. Longest hangover ever.
Mike

"Keep twixt the trees"

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:53 pm

monte 283 wrote:No worries, part of me died on that trip home!

Miller Lite...Pale, bland and just the right beer for when you have no other alternative to a beer that tastes like licking your drunk friends' armpits.

There, I fixed that for you. :wink:
-Max

monte 283

Postby monte 283 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Thanks! Bottoms Up...(slight retching noise)
Mike

"Keep twixt the trees"

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Guinness is one of the few beers I like. The benefit to it is that it is also a meal.
I am the 73%

Return to “Introductions”